Sales Associate Catchafire, Inc
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Catchafire is rapidly growing social enterprise, focused on transforming the volunteer sector into one where every single person has the opportunity to leverage their talents for the social good. At this moment in our organizational life cycle, we are positioning for significant expansion of our marketplace - the web-based venue in which nonprofit organizations and volunteers connect.
To thrive in this role, an individual needs both the empathy to understand the pressures, constraints, and opportunities inherent in the nonprofit sector and an aggressive, sales-oriented mindset that will drive the growth of our organization.
Mechanically, this role involves mapping the Catchafire value proposition to the specific needs of nonprofit leaders of all shapes and sizes and growing Catchafire's customer base. As an early-stage organization, there is also regular need for contributions in strategic, process-oriented thinking and building new parts of the business from scratch.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND OUR EXPECTATIONS
- Convey the Catchafire value proposition and how it addresses the specific needs of nonprofit organizations and social enterprises.
- Study and understand nonprofit organizations and social enterprises spanning a diverse range of issues, who possess leaders with varying backgrounds - from programmatic to administrative and from startup to established.
- Proactively develop and manage a pipeline of sales opportunities - from initial outreach to conclusion of the sale.
- Set aggressive personal goals.
- Help Catchafire tackle the strategic and process-oriented challenges that will arise in a startup environment.
- Support and strengthen Catchafire's organizational culture, values and reputation.
- Rolls-up-sleeves mindset, and takes on "lower-level" and "higher level" work based on what needs to be done.
- A sales or fund development mindset - the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that demands results.
- Empathetic and capable of quickly identifying with the environmental condition of prospective customers.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- An on-again/off-again relationship with structure (see: adaptable, self-motivated, and self-organizing).
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills, thrives in an environment where new challenges are common and often unexpected, where failure is equally common, and decisions are rarely black and white.
- Strong internal motivation to achieve goals without micromanagement.
- Team player who prefers to work in a group, but is capable of working independently on specific projects.
This role is best suited for someone early in their career, with high potential and distinctively strong commitment to learning and growth. Most likely, the successful candidate will be three years out of college and will have had experience working in or around the nonprofit or social enterprise sectors. Sales or fund development experience most commonly positions a candidate for success in this role, but is in no way a requirement as the right candidate will be someone who can quickly learn to do things they've never done before.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Two month compensated trial for all new hires.
- Following completion of two month trial: competitive base salary in addition to performance-based incentives and comprehensive benefits.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Catchafire's the world's leading skills-based volunteer platform. Our mission is to provide talented individuals with meaningful pro bono experiences in order to build capacity for social good organizations.
< 5M RaisedAngel Investors All Jobs: at Catchafire, Inc
|Industry:||Business Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||We believe all social good organizations should have access to top talent. We believe all people should have the opportunity to use their talents for good. We believe all people should have the opportunity to be transformed by a positive volunteer experience. We foster an environment rich in reciprocity. We incentivize measurable actions over good intentions.
Since 2009, Catchafire has catalyzed the movement of pro bono with a rapidly growing network of more than 20,000 pro bono professionals and 5,000 social good organizations across the United States. Officially launched in 2010, Catchafire's online matching platform has facilitated over 2,000 skills-based volunteer projects in areas like marketing, finance, technology, design or social media, driving 20M in value to our nonprofit partners.
Catchafire has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Mashable, NPR, FOX Business, CNN Money, Forbes, Fast Company, TechCrunch, and facilitated two series in partnership with Fast Company on The Future of Service in America and The Most Generous People in Business.
Check out job opportunities with us: http://www.catchafire.org/about/careers/
Become a member of our LinkedIn Catchafire Group. Search "Catchafire" in Groups.
Follow Catchafire on Twitter: @catchafire
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Catchafire.org
We look forward to being in touch|
Support Catchafire, Inc with Social Media services