Sales Enablement Manager Product Evangelist - APAC Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sales Enablement Product Evangelist
I. What is the purpose of having a Sales Enablement person dedicated to the APAC region?
Globally, Guidewire Software has an outstanding track record of delivering proven, modern software to run mission-critical insurance operations, including underwriting, policy, billing, and claim management. In conjunction with our customers, our partners, and our professional services teams, we have built an unparalleled track record for implementation success and customer satisfaction. Based on this reputation, we enjoy enviable market momentum for the products we offer to the Property & Casualty Insurance Industry.
Each region, as well as each country in each region, is driven by its own requirements and market specificities. Some can be recognized as global common ground, and some remain very much localized.
Guidewire's Sales Enablement team already has product evangelists covering the North America and the EMEA region. To support our APAC sales team in responding to growing market demands, Guidewire is seeking a talented Sales Enablement Product Evangelist that will dedicate his/her skills to help the sales team sell more - in accordance with the needs and specificities of the region.
The team of Product Evangelists housed under the umbrella of a larger Sales Enablement team represents Guidewire's unique and strategic investment in ensuring our sales team's success. Reporting lines are to the VP of Global Presales in Foster City and the VP of APAC Sales.
II. What are the expectations regarding the new hire?
The mission of the Guidewire Sales Enablement team is simple:
- To help sales sell more.
As a team, we do this by:
â€œProviding the right information to the right person at the right time and in the right place to move an opportunity forwardâ€
To support this mission in APAC, our Product Evangelist should be able to understand with enough detail the needs of their local markets and their participants.
Based on that knowledge, the Product Evangelist should be able to define and articulate a compelling proposition around Guidewire products, thus supporting the sales team with whatever it needs to win deals.
By embracing and articulating Guidewire's value prop and being the first to build the proof points to support this value proposition. As a Product Evangelist dedicated to the APAC region, you will work with your local sales teams to appropriately tailor the message to their markets.
In the case of functional gaps between Guidewire products and the market needs: the Product Evangelists should help carrying the messages regarding local product gaps between the Region and Product Management.
This person will shine in presenting and developing Guidewire material and value propositions to celebrate our success and growth within our target industry.
He/She will also weave our commitment to core values of honesty, integrity and rationality in our dealings with every customer.
He/She must be able to work across multiple internal organizations to create buy in including: Product Management, Corporate Marketing, Product Marketing, Professional Services, Alliances, and of course, Sales.
He/She must be able to adapt and adjust to the various nuances of the markets within the wide APAC region. This does not mean that he/she should be an expert for every market, but should always keep in mind and at heart that a flexible mindset is a key component of his/her success.
The Guidewire Sales Enablement team is based out of company headquarters in Foster City, CA. The APAC Sales Enablement Product Evangelist will work remotely from one of the Guidewire offices in Beijing, Sydney, or Tokyo â€" working remotely from his or her home is also a possibility at least partially.
The applicant must be willing to travel frequently to other Guidewire offices in APAC (Beijing, Sydney, and Tokyo) and will be expected to travel to the Foster City team approximately 2 to 6 times per year.
The Sales Enablement Product Evangelist will also be required to travel to meet directly with clients, prospects and other industry bodies frequently.
Overall, the applicant should expect to travel a minimum of 25% up to an expected maximum of 50% of the time.
III. What are the expected outcomes?
- Localized deal support for Sales Reps and Sales Consultants
- Localized Partner Enablement in conjunction with Alliances
- Recurring events and training within the region
- New products & content launched with high quality and timeliness, along with value propositions and messages tailored to local market specificities.
More specifically, the Sales Enablement Product Evangelist will be responsible for a variety of deliverables, including, but not limited to:
- Development of clear and compelling messages relevant for the region about how Guidewire solutions meet these needs, including existing Customer Stories.
- Creation of targeted 'storyboards' that resonate with each audience's segment
- Presenting the messages and content referenced above via live, virtual, and recorded training to Sales and possibly external audiences.
- Prioritization of demo requirements and non-demo evidence based on storyboards
- Identification of hard questions: research and development of answers and proper answering strategies
- Creation, rollout and monitoring of training and certification programs to ensure field understanding (working in coordination with Sales Enablement Training and Development)
- Participation in select sales campaigns to both evangelize and monitor the use of created content
IV. How will the Sales Enablement Product Evangelist interact with the Sales team?
It is highly recommended that the Sales Enablement Product Evangelist is located close by one of our local offices in APAC (Sydney, Beijing, and Tokyo). This would facilitate frequent interactions with 1/3rd of the sales team.
We also recommend that the Sales Enablement Product Evangelist establishes regular calls and meetings with intended audiences: Sales Reps, Sales Consultants, and Alliances. Also, for remote offices, on site presence every other month at minimum will be required.
Use of Salesforce.com, Chatter, Emails and Phone will facilitate remote collaboration outside scheduled onsite meetings.
The Sales Enablement Product Evangelist should be ready to accompany Sales Reps, Sales Consultant and Alliances collaborators when required and perform presentations in front of external audiences.
V. What should be different after a year in the job?
- Reduced skills ramp cycle time for the region
- More customer stories targeted at illustrating the region specificities
- More tailored ready to use material to help sales sell more
- More local contribution to existing resources and programs: i.e. more APAC targeted webinars, newsletter content
- Improved visibility from Headquarters into APAC specific needs/market requirements
VI. What is not necessarily required?
- In depth Property & Casualty Insurance industry knowledge
- In depth APAC experience with each region
- Extended technical background
- Language skills: Fluent English is mandatory. However, other Asian languages (i.e. Mandarin, Japanese, etc.) are considered a strong plus.
VII. What is the hierarchy of skills and experience we are looking for?
Skills and experience required for this position:
1. Excellent interpersonal skills; verbal and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills and creative solution skills. Excellent communication skills. Must have great writing skills and have ability to create professional presentations
2. Able to work across cultures.
3. Flexible to meet the changing needs of the team, willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments, ability to manage multiple projects.
4. Experience with facilitating and rapidly synthesizing information,
5. A desire to be an evangelist for new product information.
6. A strong desire to engage with sales teams and spend time in front of clients
7. Strong organization and time management skills are mandatory. Setting and achieving deadlines without oversight is a must. Highly organized.
8. Must be a thought leader and highly collaborative.
9. Self-motivated; ability to take ownership of assigned projects; ability to work independently and with a team; demonstrated influencing skills.
10. Must have attention to detail, analytical, process-focused to produce high-quality deliverables under deadline.
11. Fanatical work ethic.
12. Prior software industry experience in Sales, Pre-Sales, Product Marketing and/or Product Management highly desirable.
13. College Graduate with 5+ years of work experience in high-tech, business to business marketing or pre-sales.
14. Applicant will be expected to work with our software; experience in presenting or building software solutions a plus.
15. Knowledge of Property and Casualty Insurance not mandatory for success. Applicants without prior industry experience will be considered -- but if accepted will be expected to become students of the industry.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services