At Tesla, we're growing our store teams and with this growth comes the need for dynamic, effective sales training. We're Tesla so we aren't looking for ordinary, run-of-the-mill sales training; we're looking for innovative, engaging and impactful training that meets the needs of the business.
In this role, you'll be the thought leader and program manager of our sales readiness solutions for our global sales organization. You'll be responsible for designing and delivering training. You'll need to have ideas as well as the skills to execute.
- Partner with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across the organization to uncover learning & development needs for our sales and customer-facing teams
- Build and establish learning curricula across sales divisions and align with overarching learning strategy
- Design, and develop world-class learning programs, across a variety of learning mediums, to improve the effectiveness of our global sales teams
- Facilitate both virtual and face-to-face learning programs that are experiential and drive behavior change (phone sales, fields sales, pipeline management)
- Create and maintain task and product-based job aids, tip sheets and other performance support material
- Evaluate the efficacy of learning programs and performance support and use evaluation data to redesign and refresh programs through appropriate maintenance cycles
- Sales experience, preferably with a complex, high tech, exciting product like Tesla's.
- Proven track record developing selling skills in others.
- Experience building learning & development programs for sales professionals
- Proven ability to thrive in a hyper-growth environment
- 5+ years of Sales Coaching and Project Management experience across a variety of delivery medium
- Ability to build strong relationships and navigate through stakeholder discussions
- Proficient in establishing priorities and meeting swift deadlines in a fast pace, rapidly changing environment
- Deep experience designing and developing learning programs across delivery mediums (mobile learning, elearning, virtual learning, live simulation, and live classroom)
- Proficient in establishing training metrics and measurements (ROI & Benchmarking)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented, and self-directed
- Expert in MS Office applications - primarily Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project
- Proficient with screen capture tools and simple image editing techniques
- Experience leveraging standard eLearning tools and web-based meeting tools (WebEx, Skype, Articulate) to create instructionally sound learning programs
- Familiarity with LMS and content management systems.
- Experience facilitating live learning programs
- An advanced degree in a relevant field such as instructional design, education, organizational development, etc. highly desirable
Ability to travel (~30%)
Palo Alto, CA or San Francisco, CA
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.