Sales Engineer - Dallas Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
The Splunk GEO Field Sales team is looking for a top-notch, technical sales engineer who has expertise providing solutions in systems management software for their customers. The best candidates are very creative, great at demonstrating software, excellent hands-on-the-keyboard technical ninjas, and generally skilled in moving a sales cycle from qualification to close.
Working with the Sales Team at Splunk is not for beginners. We need sharp, fast, creative Sales Engineering Talent. Creative people that are familiar with command line tools, good at web search, understand multi-tier web applications, and have familiarity with enterprise security will do well here. If you have never setup Linux, hate Macs, and can't spell SSH, pass this one up. However, if you would like to have a tremendous amount of fun, blow customers' minds with your skills, and use every bit of technical knowledge you have--we want to talk to you.
The ideal candidate will be located in Dallas.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services.
- You will be heavily focused on partner enablement. Channel strategy is key to Splunk's success as well as experience with a partner channel.
- Splunk Sales Engineer must be able to articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Ideal candidates must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and they must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- You will manage all aspects of the technical sales cycle for the customers in your territory.
- You must be able to demonstrate products and services to customers over web conferencing technology.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs and the ability to creatively solve problems is a must.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology.
- You are comfortable a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- You must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- You are organized and analytical, and can eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
*Please include your resume as an attachment.*
- 5+ years relevant experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services.
- Experience with networking, server, application and web technologies.
- Some database query language (SQL), report development is desireable.
- Some Unix based scripting language (Perl, Python, *sh) is desirable.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management and/or security/compliance is desirable.
Education: Got it!
Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
||Dallas, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED