Sales Engineer, Northern Europe Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sales Engineer, Northern Europe
Sales | London, United Kingdom
Req ID: 1133
The Sales Engineering role requires an exceptional person to take a position in our sales and business development efforts. As a Sales Engineer you must be passionate about media and able to show leadership in interacting with publishers and content owners on a technical level. You will have a proven track record for delivering on or exceeding goals, ideally from within the media industry.
This role requires someone highly motivated, extremely organized, team-oriented and creative. We are looking for someone who also possesses outstanding communication skills. The incumbent works closely with executive management and senior directors on critical issues and organizational policies and has extensive latitude for decision making.
- Own all technical communications with prospects, including demonstrations, answering questions, responding to RFPs, and ad-hoc training, both over the phone and onsite
- Continuously develop relationships at the 'implementation' level within each account
- Work closely with product development to maintain the feedback loop from customers and prospects
- Work closely with the corporate customer support team to share learning across key customer accounts
- Travel when necessary to meet potential customers - must be willing to be on the road often
- Resolve critical issues and contributes to business unit/ area development
- Responsible for some aspect of direct training delivery.
- Host/participate in/present: 'meet ups,'on-line webinars, professional development workshops and/or classroom training sessions
- Actively engage with channel partners to assist in pre-sales technical presentations, demonstrations and other activities to achieve technical wins on projects.
- Contribute to various Brightcove Community center(s) with documentation, best practices and evangelism on a regular basis
- 5+ years experience in a technical sales/business development role, ideally for technology company selling web based business applications and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task across a wide range of accounts
- Demonstrated ability to present to both technical and business audiences and be able to handle objections on the fly and adapt communication style
- Demonstrate knowledge of the field with advanced leadership skills
- An ability to assess client needs effectively and address needs through new products and services
- A proven track record delivering on or exceeding goals
- Hands-on approach to tackling tactical as well as strategic work
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative is a must
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to be nice, smart and get things done
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Typical office working conditions
- Manual dexterity required for typing
- Excellent hearing and verbal skills required for communicating with customers and potential customers
- Requires excellent vision for computer usage
- Moderate physical effort for meeting set up
- Ability to cope with periodic stress associated with changing needs and periodic cyclical work load pressures
- Demonstrate ability to problem-solve, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to work with a wide range of personality types, ages and diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to articulate and comprehend the English Language
This position is based in London
*Disclaimer: This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
<< Back to Current Openings
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services