Sales Engineer Puppet Labs
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sales Engineer (Portland based)
Department: Client Services
Reports to: Director of Client Services
Location: Portland, OR
Summary of Role
Do you have a passion for selling software or want to find if you can? Interesting in utilizing your technical knowledge in a sales-focused role? Excited about what Puppet is doing and want to be a part of it?
Puppet Labs is hiring a Sales Engineer to join our Professional Services team. We're seeking someone who empathizes with our customer's needs and understands why our products help our customers become more efficient, successful and effective. In this role, you will be the technical voice in our Sales process helping customers understand the value of Puppet Labs products. You'll help Sales close deals by answering customer questions and demonstrating Puppet Labs products. You will conduct webinars demonstrating Puppet Labs products and help provide the technical expertise for events, Proof of Concepts and presentations.
- Empathy with our customers and their problems through experience in a Unix/Linux systems administration or development role.
- Experience using Puppet or other configuration management tools in a production environment.
- Strong industry knowledge.
- Excellent technical communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present to and engage our rapidly growing customer base.
- Familiarity with and excitement about Open Source.
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% nationally & internationally.
- Puppet Certified, a plus!
Preferred but not required:
- BA or BS degree in computer science or a related field.
- Experience in a sales engineering role.
- Experience working with internal Sales, Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams.
- Professional services experience in an open source or enterprise software company.
Please include a cover letter with your resume addressing the following questions:
1. Who you think is Puppet Enterprise's ideal customer?
2. Describe the key business drivers that would motivate a customer to buy Puppet Enterprise.
3. Summarize the technical benefits a customer would gain from buying Puppet Enterprise.
4. What makes a perfect demo?
5. What qualities make you an awesome Sales Engineer?
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs creates IT automation software which enables system administrators to deliver the operational agility and efficiency of cloud computing at enterprise-class service levels, scaling from handfuls of nodes on-premise to tens of thousands in the cloud. Puppet powers thousands of companies, including Twitter, Yelp, eBay, Zynga, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Google, Disney, Citrix, Oracle, and Viacom. Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, True Ventures, Radar Partners, Emerson St. Partners, VMware, Google Ventures, and Cisco.
Everyone who works here has a real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet Labs is all about.
||Portland, OR 97209 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED