Sales Operations Senior Manager - Forecasting & Reporting Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Sales Operations, Forecasting and Reporting Senior Manager
Splunk is seeking a highly analytical, problem solving and solution-oriented Sales Operations Senior Manager who will serve as a member of Splunk's Global Sales Operations group, with day to day focus on getting and staying ahead of business requirements for Sales Forecasting, Reporting and Analytics. This position is responsible defining, documenting and enforcing business processes across all geographies and sales teams, as well as cross-functional communications and collaboration with Finance, Marketing, HR and Legal.
The ideal candidate will be data driven, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects with limited direction and supervision. This is a full-time individual contributor position and is located in either our San Francisco, CA or Plano, TX office.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Manages forecast process and calls with Region Sales VPs as well as Senior Executives in the company.
- Works closely with Partner Operations and Accounting to accurately forecast indirect business and different types of software orders which requires a solid understanding of revenue recognition rules.
- Analyzes critical sales metrics in order to measure performance, aids in important business decisions and identifies areas of growth and those in need of improvement.
- Deals with complex issues by thoroughly understanding the business and its functions. This position will ensure consistency and quality for lead, pipeline and forecasting data.
- Works closely with IT to ensure that SalesForce.com is set up to effectively support Splunk's direct and indirect coverage models around the world â€" this includes demand generation, lead routing, account assignments, dashboard, forecasting and reporting. SF.com and associated processes must be scalable to meet growth of the business.
- Ensures that the forecast process aligns tightly with the sales process and that terminology is consistently understood across the organization.
- Develops and delivers key reporting, analytical and productivity initiatives to the sales organization.
- Works closely with Sales Enablement to train leadership and sales individuals on policies and processes.
- Creates, validates and maintains a set of standard reports and dashboards needed to assess the progress of the business.
- Ensures functionality for lead routing is sufficient, accurate and meets the demand of the business.
- Leads statistical analysis on channel and sales performance to drive insights and provide recommendations for strategic teams.
- Provides channel adoption analytics in support of new or enhanced channel programs, including KPIs, goals, and adoption rates across regions.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 10 + years' experience in a sales operations role in an enterprise software company.
- Must possess business acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Gathers and uses data to inform decision making and persuade others. Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- Always focused on doing what's right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to support growth of the business. Creates an environment where others want to follow. Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics.
- Ability to be highly productive with minimal oversight from senior management.
- Sets goals and drives to their fulfillment. Takes responsibility for actions and for outcomes. Wants to be held accountable for successes and failures.
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and provide practical business insights from complex data sets.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to present technical content to general audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Location: Ideally San Francisco or Plano, but will consider candidates that live near an airport and can travel up to 50%
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics).
- MBA/ graduate degree a plus
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,700 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
||either our San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED