Sales Representative Biotix
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Purpose of role:
As a sales representative for Biotix Inc., the primary duties would be to develop and profitably grow a
sales territory focused on the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, industrial, clinical, educational and medical
device markets. Biotix is a world class manufacturer of plastic liquid handling products used in all the
laboratories in the markets mentioned above. These products include manual pipet tips, robotic tips, PCR
tubes, PCR plates, reservoirs and micro-centrifuge tubes. All duties listed below are inherent to
successfully growing our business with our Dealer Network, which is VWR International, which covers the
following States: Maryland, DC, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Ohio.
1. Work to identify and develop an end user customer base in line with the strategic guidelines of the
2. Develop a thorough understanding of the products, operations and strategic direction of Biotix
Inc. Foster and develop current and future business opportunities utilizing SalesForce with our
3. Work in conjunction with the sales and marketing departments to co-ordinate the process of
identifying new customers, analyzing new strategic business opportunities and develop customer
4. Work with all company departments to solve problems, provide quality service with the goal of
constantly exceeding our customers? requirements and expectations.
5. Prepare and monitor performance against annual revenue, GP and expense budgets in assigned
accounts. Work with distributor representative(s) to develop loyal customer relationships with the
ability to sell the technical attributes of our products as well as the ability to work with the distributor
representatives from a forecasting and supply chain standpoint.
6. Complete other related tasks as assigned by company management.
1. Bachelor?s degree or equivalent experience, or higher degree in a biological-based
science. Preferred, but not required: candidates with relative work experience and/or lab
2. One or more year?s proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets. Prefer (but not
required) a candidate with experience with major accounts in the life sciences industry as a
distributor sales representative or manufacturing technical representative. Preference given to
candidates with business-to-business sales experience or have the strong desire, to enter this field
and possess the behavioral skills that demonstrate the effectiveness and skill of ?selling?.
3. Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing strategic business plans at a major
4. Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to
communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience that will include research
scientists, purchasing managers at the account level and also the sales representations and
management team at the dealers/distributors.
5. Ability to travel domestically in order to meet the objectives of the position. Travel requirements may
vary (30% to 50%).Come and be part of a growing and i
||Baltimore, MD |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED