Salesforce Developer - Foster City, CA Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Position: Salesforce Developer
Reports: Sr. Director, IT Applications
Location: Foster City, CA
As a member of the Information Systems Application team, the Salesforce Developer will be responsible for customizing, developing and supporting solutions on the force.com platform. The candidate will be responsible for partnering with the business analyst and business team members to support Sales, Marketing, Operations, Professional Services, Tech Support, G&A and Partner Management. A team player, collaboration-oriented, mindset is essential.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent analysis skills & problem-solving skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Ability to follow an agile or iterative software development methodology
- Must be highly motivated, a quick learner, to work independently or on a team and drive solutions with minimal supervision
- Strong written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a â€œcan doâ€ attitude, great listening skills and effective delivery of technology solutions
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Strong understanding of project management principles
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional IT/Engineering experience required with demonstrated development and design experience (Java experience preferred)
- 2+ years experience in Force.com, Visual force and the Apex programming language (*SFDC Developer Certification preferred)
- 2+ years experience in Salesforce.com configuration & customization including and not limited to workflows, S-controls, data validations & triggers
- Expert knowledge of relational databases and data modeling including Salesforce.com SOQL, SOSL query language
- Experience using the Force.com data loader, ETL tools and handling data migration assignments. Proficiency in Java, SOAP services.
- Expert knowledge of MVC concepts, object-oriented methodologies and approaches
- Familiarity with development tools such as Eclipse & GIT.
- Experience with Mobile force.com toolkit (Plus)
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies (Plus)
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services