Scientific Applications Intern Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: The scientist will support and participate in Applications lab activities as assigned by the Senior Applications Scientist. Applications activities may include extraction of nucleic acids, agarose gel and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) analysis of nucleic acid preparations, and propagation and monitor of tissue culture stocks.
1. Execute nucleic acid purification protocols. Evaluate the quality of nucleic acid preparations by gel and spectrophotometric analysis and performance in downstream applications such as polymerase chain reactions (PCR), including real-time PCR.
2. Maintain mammalian cells through routine tissue culture. Monitor cell health and expand cultures as needed for applications experiments.
3. Maintain clear and complete records of laboratory procedures.
4. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Perform application experiments on Promega products based on customer inquiries and concerns and in support of product development efforts. Communicate results to appropriate staff.
2. Attend meetings and seminars.
3. Assist Technical Services and Technical Training staff with coordinating lab resources for in-house technical training and lab activities.
1. Currently enrolled in a college program in biochemistry, molecular biology, or similar. Completed course and laboratory work in biochemistry, molecular biology and/or cell biology.
2. Ability to maintain a safe and clean laboratory environment.
3. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
1. Experience with basic molecular biology techniques including nucleic acid purification, PCR and agarose gel electrophoresis.
2. Experience with handling biological samples.
3. Computer background and experience with Windows based programs.
1. Ability to work with computer equipment frequently.
2. Ability to wear safety equipment (lab coat, goggles, gloves, etc.).
3. Ability to work at a lab bench and with a fume hood frequently.
4. Ability to work routinely with biological samples.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED