Scientific Instructional Designer Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Uses Instruction Systems Design (ISD) principles and practices to create technical-product and sales trainings for global biotechnology Sales force and Technical Services Scientists. Analyzes needs and consults with stakeholders to identify knowledge and performance gaps. Designs, develops, implements, and evaluates Core and Specialty courses for Sales force, Technical Services Scientists and Distributor Training Programs. Produces lesson plans for all learning interventions with pre-determined behavioral objectives and assessments. Develops instructional and course materials. Uses interactive training methods to instruct in both classroom & laboratory. Deploys training and tracks learner progress using an automated Learning Management System (LMS).
1. Uses ISD principles or models (e.g. ADDIE, Dick and Carey) to design and develop courses for biotechnology Sales force and Technical Services Scientists. Uses principles of instruction (e.g. Merrill?s Principles of Instruction) to ensure that when training is implemented, all steps in the instructional sequence are completed.
2. Uses systematic methods for needs analysis to determine the type and content of training that meets the specific needs of sponsors and learners. Determines knowledge and performance gaps of learners.
3. Designs and develops interactive, engaging instruction that includes practice, feedback and assessments. Ensures that instruction achieves the pre-set learning objectives.
4. Produces lesson plans for course design that includes: audience analysis, learning goals and objectives, content and resources, instructional activities and sequences, training methods and assessments.
5. Serves as primary or secondary instructor for live and virtual classroom events. Uses a variety of training delivery methods for eLearning, Webcasts, and Live Classroom.
6. Develops instructional material. Documents all learning interventions using course design templates.
7. Evaluates the effectiveness of learning and uses evaluation data to support continuous improvement in training.
8. Assists R&D subject-matter experts with instructional design and training implementation.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Maintains a high level of awareness of current training strategies and delivery methods such as eLearning, Webcasts and Live Classroom.
1. Ability to create effective training and ?hands-on? laboratory activities using Promega chemical reagent systems and instrumentation.
2. Ability to apply ISD principles and practices to create effective training in classroom & laboratory (?hands-on?).
3. Ability to use interactive teaching & training methods in classroom & laboratory.
4. BS degree in biological sciences with 4+ years of biotechnology post-graduate laboratory experience. MS or PhD degree in biological sciences with 1-4+ years of biotechnology post-graduate laboratory experience. Experience may be in academia, industry, or non-profit.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven strong presentation skills.
6. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
7. Ability to successfully collaborate with a diversity of training stakeholders to identify learner needs and translate them into effective training interventions.
8. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
1. Knowledge of adult learning theories and experience using the ADDIE model for training development.
2. Experience with SharePoint, MS Lync, Adobe Photoshop, and Web-design applications.
3. Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
4. Knowledge and experience using digital media tools for audio-video production.
5. Experience providing technical and customer service in a business setting.
1. Ability to use computers, tablets, mobile devices, Internet applications, and AV equipment.
2. Ability to lift objects such as scientific instruments up to 50 lbs.
3. Ability to work safely and follow safety guidelines and procedures.
1. Requires occasional travel; both domestic and international.
Promega Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED