Scientific Support Supervisor Epitomics
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Scientific Support Supervisor
Do you have experience supvervising staff?
Do you want the opprotunity to further develop your supervisory, strategic and communication skills?
Want to work for a successful, growing biotech?
Yes? Read on!!!
We are Abcam, a successful and growing web-based bioscience company specializing in the production and sales of antibodies and related products to scientific research organizations. Founded in Cambridge, England, we also have offices in the USA, Japan and China.
We are looking for a Scientific Support Superviser to join our global technical support team. In this role, based in Eugene, OR, you will: Ensure smooth daily operations of the Scientific Support department; encourage growth and development of staff; provide technical support to customers. This is an outstanding opportunity to take your lab career in a new and exciting direction and support Abcam's continued development and growth.
Management and training
1. Coach, engage, and manage Scientific Support Specialists, with a maximum of 4-5 direct reports
2. Responsible, with Scientific Support Manager and co-Supervisor, for day-to-day running of the department:
Ensure any issues that arise concerning department operations are resolved or escalated appropriately
Manage schedules and appropriate staffing levels
3. Coordinate recruitment process with HR and ensure new hires receive consistent training
4. Review work done by direct reports (customer emails and phone calls) and give feedback regularly
5. Ensure staff receive development opportunities, set clear expectations, and hold individuals accountable
6. Meet regularly with direct reports to discuss any issues that have arisen during the past week, review progress on objectives, and discuss performance and development
7. Set agendas for and chair team meetings
8. Other duties as required
Reporting & Planning
1. Devote significant time to reporting to ensure both team and individual targets are met
2. Represent Scientific Support function in inter-departmental forums
3. Meet weekly with Scientific Support Manager to discuss any issues that have arisen during the past week, give updates on progress, give and receive feedback, and regularly discuss performance and career development
1. Spend at least 50% of time on customer-facing activities by answering phone and email inquiries and complaints
2. Handle escalated customer calls/emails
3. Continually think of, suggest, and help implement process improvements
Summary of Job Requirements:
Highly motivated to manage others with proven supervisory, leadership and coaching abilities
Minimum of B.S. in a life sciences field with 2 ? 5 years combined supervisory experience and research laboratory experience using antibodies
Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff and outside contacts
Enjoys and excels at troubleshooting and problem solving
Previous interviewing experience
Friendly, positive, detail-oriented and motivated
Experienced with varied computer programs and software; proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
Able to give and receive feedback effectively, especially constructive feedback
Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize in a high demand, fast-paced environment
Laboratory experience to include western blotting or immunohistochemistry
Experience working with virtual teams
Previous experience in biotech industry or technical support
Previous CRM experience
Our culture is one that empowers individuals with responsibility given early on. We place great emphasis on knowledge and experience. The working environment is fun but intense, with everybody working together as a team to deliver great service and the best products to our customers. In addition to competitive salaries we offer an attractive, flexible benefits package which includes share options, generous time-off, health/dental insurance and a great 401k plan matching program.
||Eugene, OR |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED