THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Engineering | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: 702
Are you a person who loves to help teams perform better? Do you enjoy the challenge of helping solve process and team dynamics issues? Do you live for the joy of making things better and continuously improving the environment you are in? If you are, Brightcove is looking for you to join our ScrumMaster team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Act as ScrumMaster for 2-3 scrum teams with a focus on guiding teams towards high performance
- Take a pragmatic approach to the core principles of agile
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies such as sprint planning, retrospectives etc.
- Ensure appropriate artifacts are maintained
- Ensure teams keep business value, iterative development, and incremental delivery top of mind
- Reach outside the team to remove impediments
- Ensure cross-team coordination
- Maintain relevant metrics that help teams get visibility into how they are doing
- Help instill self-empowerment, transparency, and collaboration on scrum teams
- Seek ways to increase one's agile knowledge and techniques through books, blogs, meet-ups etc.
Qualities of an ideal candidate:
- Creative, resourceful, and innovative problem solver
- Passion for process improvement
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to challenge and be challenged by others
- Enthusiastic, collaborative, and well-organized
- Ability to learn our service as it pertains to the teams you are working with
- Bachelors degree
- Proven teamwork experience
- Interest in building products is preferred
- Knowledge of agile methodologies is recommended
- ScrumMaster certification is a plus
- Understanding the software development life cycle is a plus
This position is based in Boston, Massachusetts, conveniently located near the South Station stop on the Red line.
Why work at Brightcove?
Brightcove is the leading online video platform. Media companies, businesses, and organizations worldwide use Brightcove to publish and distribute video that reaches more than 135 million unique viewers every month. We've worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration. Working at Brightcove gives you the chance to reshape how media is published and consumed worldwide while you develop your skills, grow your career, and have fun.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services