SDET Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We're looking for skilled, critical thinking, creative, talented Software Developers to create internal tools that support our development effort, and who have the desire to explore and recommend new technologies and tools. Engineers who quickly understand code. People who quickly grok the structure and interconnections in a system. Engineers with intuition and analytical thinking that are borne from experience. Engineers who can visualize the big picture like a System Architect but aren't afraid to really dive into details to figure out what's going on.
At the heart of Guidewire culture are three principles:
Collegiality. We work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy. We strive for good processes and realistic assumptions to keep workload sustainable. We trust people to manage their own time. We seek input without regard for title. We welcome and consider contrary opinions. We value work/life balance.
Integrity. We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality. We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. More than 100K unit tests per branch prove our code succeeds and fails where expected. We constantly improve processes. We use the latest Agile and Lean coding techniques, including work pods, sprints, and scrums.
What does a Software Engineer on the Tools Team do?
Guidewire builds enterprise software for the insurance industry. The Tools Team develops internal tools that keep our staff of developers and testers productive and happy. You will be developing:
We strongly value test-driven development and have a high degree of collaboration on projects. Our test framework runs over 100K tests regularly for every branch. We constantly improve and brainstorm how to improve coding and testing processes.
- Programs to kick off builds on check in and on demand, and to run tests continuously.
- A dashboard application that shows the status of builds and test runs for dozens of code branches and integrates with source control and issue tracking (Jira).
- Programs for setting up a sandbox environment and running our applications on demand (for testing and quality control).
Senior Software Engineers on the Tools Team have skills and experience in the following areas:
- A minimum of three years Java development experience, strong understanding of multithreading and concurrency, and some exposure to JVM tuning
- Knowledge of build and deployment systems (Ant, Aardvark, Gradle)
- Continuous integration servers (Hudson)
- Distributed systems (clustering, Hadoop, Zookeeper)
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Ruby or other
- Navigating Linux easily; comfortable with the shell
- Experience with administering Java app servers (Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic), and understanding of system administration topics, such as Windows remote administration, RAID configurations, network protocols (DNS, HTTPS, SSH, etc), Windows quirks, file system oddities, Linux init scripts, etc.
- Deployment modules: war/ear files, etc.
- A desire to explore new technologies and techniques, and suggest improvements and upgrades
- Understanding of web technologies, such as servlets
- Gosu experience a plus
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services