Security Control Center Operator SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Security Control Center Operator
Security | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology Company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Security â€" SpaceX Security protects life and property anywhere SpaceX assets are deployed. We employ highly trained professionals and cutting edge technology in order to provide the best possible protection for the employees and assets of SpaceX.
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Security Control Center Operator. The selected candidate will be a dedicated security professional with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast paced high tech environment.
- Maintain and improve the security posture of SpaceX
- Monitoring, disposition and response to surveillance monitors and camera systems
- Management of security and fire alarm monitoring systems
- Monitoring, disposition and response to alarms from access control systems
- Monitoring, disposition and response to alarms from intrusion systems
- Operation/monitoring of various communication equipment to include radio, telephone and cellular systems
- Logging of all shift security operations
- Processing of required reports
- Make appropriate emergency and routine notifications according to Emergency Checklists
- Providing direction and response instructions to a uniformed security force
- Coordination and dispatch of Facilities personnel
- Review and understand the Post Orders, all applicable SpaceX policies/procedures, contract security policies/procedures and all applicable security work instructions
- Maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies/procedures and act to ensure that all SpaceX personnel understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Initiate, process and review Significant Events Logs, read files and pass-on books for information
- Ensure all assigned Control Center equipment is present and operational
- Additional duties as assigned or required by SpaceX management
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd shifts available
- Minimum High School diploma and 2 years of responsible experience in the security industry.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Must have at the time of hire an applicable state security officer license. Must meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers. Must maintain license for duration of employment.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the assigned site.
- Ability to operate computer based surveillance and security systems
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
- Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
- Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to be an effective leader and member of project teams.
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, SpaceX hires only U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED