Security Engineer, Cloud Ops Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Cloud Ops has an exciting and challenging mission to provide flawless operational support for existing and future Splunk cloud services. We are a trusted partner to engineering and the business because we are focused on operational excellence. In order for Splunk to provide a safe and secure service to its customers, Splunk requires an eager Security Engineer that is capable of delivering key security technologies and recommendations to a wide audience of interested users, administrators, and engineers. This person will define security in the cloud for current and future Splunk services. The right individual will be engaging across engineering and operations, compelling as a technologist, and authoritative as the expert in cloud security.
This position reports to Splunk's Director of Cloud Ops based in San Francisco, CA.
- Work with engineering and ops teams as a security consultant on key technology projects
- Define and validate security technologies for both existing and new cloud infrastructures
- Document new security techniques for the benefit current and upcoming cloud services
- Interface with other security experts inside Splunk, representing Cloud Ops' interests in the ever-changing internet space
- Establish partnerships with industry-leading security companies to strengthen Splunk's security-posture
- Run 'capture-the-flag' scenarios against internal applications to validate our ability to respond and remediate security events
- Respond to security incidents and run point for incident response and remediation
- Be the authority for Security topics inside the Cloud Ops team
Education: Got it!
- BS/BA degree in a computer science discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Network Security Engineer for an internet-facing product
- Strong technical understanding of network protocols and concepts - IPv4, TCP, UDP, SNMP, SSH, HTTP/HTTPS, ICMP. Knowledge of IPv6 is a plus
- Proven operational experience with network security issues and access control mechanisms
- Proven experience from scoping to roll-out for firewalls, VPNs, and IDS/IPS
- Ability to write custom tools or scripts in C/C++, Java, Ruby, Python, Perl, or other language
- Deep understanding of Unix (Linux) and Windows operating systems required
- Experience with Splunk, Chef, or other advanced management tools a plus
- Able to assemble a server from a pile of parts and software, configure it, provide a web service, and harden the system
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- AWS, Rackspace, or other public cloud experience a plus
- Demonstrated pen-test and ethical hacking experience
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Capable of operating in a fast-paced and highly-technical environment
- Ability to adapt mid-stride to accommodate rapid evolutions of technology
- Rapidly picks up new techniques, technologies, and concepts
- Strong personal and work ethics, especially around Security concepts
- Open to being challenged and challenging others to drive excellence
- Ties into the security community in the Bay Area and around the world
- Enjoys the thrills of working in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field and 1 year of experience in the job offered or in a related Software Engineering position including QA Engineer, Financial Engineer and Software Development Engineer
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED