Security Engineer Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is seeking a Security Engineer to support the Product Security Team to ensure best security practices are achieved across all products, projects and programs.
This is an incredible opportunity with high visibility across the entire company, reporting directly to the Chief Security Architect of Product Security.
At Splunk we invest heavily in product security and believe security is a planned and concerted effort, not an afterthought. The Security Engineer is in the Operations Product Unit and will provide matrix support and collaboration with cross-functional Security teams within other Product Units (Platform, Cloud, Developer/Windows, Applications, etc). This model retains the core specialization of individual teams yet offers room for cross team collaboration.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Conduct penetration and fuzzing tests against Web Applications and REST API
- Respond and triage newly submitted vulnerabilities
- Participate in architecture reviews and development of custom security tools
- Stop people from haxoring the mainframe and occasionally whiteboard tshirt ideas
Education: Got it!
- Passion for security, big data, threat modeling and large complex systems
- Experience with python, C or C++
- Deep knowledge of network protocols such as TLS/SSL
- Stay current and up to date with latest security developments and threats
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent job experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED