Security Officer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Security | Vandenberg, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology Company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Security â€" SpaceX Security protects life and property anywhere SpaceX assets are deployed. We employ highly trained professionals and cutting edge technology in order to provide the best possible protection for the employees and assets of SpaceX.
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Security Officer. The selected candidate will be a dedicated security professional with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast paced high tech environment.
- Control/restrict access to launch pad area
- Maintain badge exchange system providing ready identification of personnel out on pad area
- Log and badge visitors and construction personnel prior to pad access
- Conduct exit inspections as required
- Answer all incoming calls at the Security Control Center and assist accordingly.
- Monitor site surveillance camera system.
- Notifications to appropriate personnel of incidents to initiate response actions.
- Respond to routine and emergency incidents.
- Prepare clear and concise written incident reports
- Availability and flexibility to support operations as required
- Facilitate emergency response to site as required
- Timely reporting of maintenance, facility, and technology issues and alarms
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years Security Officer and/or Military experience
- Must have at the time of hire an applicable state security officer license
- Must meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers
- Must maintain license for duration of employment
- Valid Driver License
- Considerable knowledge of security officer responsibilities
- Must have basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing a must
- Must have demonstrated a strong propensity for hands-on work and attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to stay vigilant during periods of little activity
- Be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be eligible for a US Government Security Clearance
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, SpaceX hires only U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Vandenberg, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED