Security Strategist Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Security Strategist is a focused, hybrid of roles stemming from the following: practitioner, evangelist, researcher, trusted advisor, partner enabler and product developer. We drive customer success and security innovation around Splunk's products, customers, partners and in the worldwide security community. The Security Expert will partner with Marketing, the internal Splunk Product team, Splunk IT Security, Splunk Customers, fostering collaboration across the community and partners. Must have a deep technical capability in at least one of the following: Forensics, Security Operations/Incident Response, Research/Thread Detection, Assessments and Penetration testing, and Security Product Development.
Security Strategists work on significant, specialized, and unique issues where analysis of data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. As an expert in the security field, uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups. Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies. Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others. Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
The successful candidate should be capable of communicating at an executive level as a trusted advisor, as well as executing on a deep technical level with analysts for security cases.
The Practice will spend 50% of their time solving customer security use cases in the field, with customers or partners. This role will also involve research and development for 25% of the time, and Evangelism, education and enablement for Splunk for the other 25% of the time.
The Security Strategist Role is a hybrid of a Sales Security Engineer, Client Architect, Product Innovation/Business Strategist, Internal Security Operations, with a splash of Marketing. The Practice engagement model is focused on partnerships and collaborative interaction between internal groups such as Engineering, Products, Business Development, internal IT operation, marketing, legal and residing in the Sales organization. This role is national, reflecting up to 50% travel at peak times. The following serves as the responsibilities for this highly important role:
- Develop Security tools, best practices and processes based on Splunk as a core security platform.
- Design and implement new dashboards, charts/graphs, reports through the User Interface, API/SDK and external interactions with the platform.
- Have Deep technical expertise in network defense technologies, forensic tools, and active defense technologies.
- Design rapid prototypes leveraging the core platform for security use cases.
- Review customer processes and business requirements to help determine new and innovative ways to leverage Splunk
- Provides leadership to extend the organizations ability to optimize use of emerging security technologies
- Stays current with security technologies and threats and make recommendations for use based on business value
- Enhance both applications as well as core platform for security in the through field product innovation.
- Responsible for increasing the value and use of Splunk in enterprise accounts by owning security problems from start to finish.
- Capture and develop best practice processes and methodologies to assist implementations at customer sites
- Engages in peer-to-peer dialogue with clients about their industry and their situation; be a trusted advisor
- Ability to propose solutions, addressing client business issues and objectives using a combination of Splunk standardized and customized services
- Drive Splunk Security Strategy across all Product Units. Build strong cross-organizational leadership relationships and effectively influencing staff across the organization and product groups.
- Adopt and evangelize Security Best Practices.
- Works closely with the other technology architects to ensure that security is properly provisioned in their technology domains
- Conduct workshops to help customers leverage the full value of Splunk solutions.
- Developing product presentations, whitepapers, product briefs, and solutions guides that clearly articulate the value of Splunk and Splunk for Big Data
- Evangelizing and demonstrating Splunk at conferences, tradeshows, to analysts and customers
- Using Splunk as a platform to contribute to security community to push security research
- Involved in external research projects benefitting the security community and Splunk user community.
- Foster development and design in Splunk products based on security research in the field.
- Drive innovation using Splunk as a big data platform for security research and visualization
- Work directly partners and the channel to identify value added content, features and product ideas that add value for the Splunk Platform
- Help enable partner success through account interactions, documentation, and content.
- Partner with Internal IT, the Product team, the security community and customers/partners to push the bounds of Splunk's big data platform for security.
- Ensure knowledge sharing and cross-team collaboration the IT organization.
- Help define security strategy through technology implementation and advisory services to the CIO and director of IT.
- Work with the Product team as security advisor in architecture and design, collaborate with product team to help strengthen the Splunk platform.
- Advise IT leadership on Information Security issues, systems, processes, products, and services.
- Help create security standards applicable to all technologies in the IT and product portfolio.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Technical Services, Legal, Sales, Compliance and other affiliated groups to work through strategic product initiatives.
- Work with product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Provide leadership in Splunk products and future products/services across all business units through innovation.
- Expert with Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications and be able to articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
Nice to Haves
- Open source contributor
- Conference speaker
- SANS, or other practical security certifications
- Experience with IDEs, and at least one of the following languages: ruby, python, perl.
- Deep networking background, knowledge of services and protocols
- Capable problem determination/troubleshooting capacity in Enterprise scale environments
- Systems administration skills using both *nix and Microsoft platforms, using CLI.
- Minimum of 8-12 years or work experience as a security practitioner or related role.
- Strong programming and current experience using Python
- Previous experience as a practitioner in a specific discipline in either a research, consulting or operations role is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and experience requirements:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED