Semiconductor Laser Design Engineer BinOptics
Roles and responsibilitiesThe Semiconductor Laser Design Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and validation of photonic products based on BinOptics etched facet technology.
- Design, simulation, testing and analysis of III-V lasers for integrated, high speed, and high power products for datacom, with applications such as FTTH and data centers.
- Work with process development and engineering team to define fabrication process, mask layout, process flow and test requirements.
- Communicate and work closely with Epi grower and Test Engineers to develop new products.
- Perform short and long term testing of devices to confirm that products meet design objectives and customer requirements.
Skill set- MS (minimum) or PhD in Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years (minimum) experience in the optoelectronics field with a proven track record in III-V laser and photodiode chip design from development to manufacture.
- Demonstrated understanding of epitaxial design, electrical and optical simulation, and semiconductor fabrication processes such as lithography, dry etching, PECVD, and thin film deposition/analysis.
- In-depth understanding of FP and DFB lasers.
- Ability to design high speed laser structures.
- Team player with good communication skills and strong technical writing
Work experience3-5 years
||Nine Brown Road |
Ithaca, NY 14850