Semiconductor Laser Design Engineer BinOptics
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Roles and responsibilitiesThe Semiconductor Laser Design Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and validation of photonic products based on BinOptics etched facet technology.
- Design, simulation, testing and analysis of III-V lasers for integrated, high speed, and high power products for datacom, with applications such as FTTH and data centers.
- Work with process development and engineering team to define fabrication process, mask layout, process flow and test requirements.
- Communicate and work closely with Epi grower and Test Engineers to develop new products.
- Perform short and long term testing of devices to confirm that products meet design objectives and customer requirements.
Skill set- MS (minimum) or PhD in Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years (minimum) experience in the optoelectronics field with a proven track record in III-V laser and photodiode chip design from development to manufacture.
- Demonstrated understanding of epitaxial design, electrical and optical simulation, and semiconductor fabrication processes such as lithography, dry etching, PECVD, and thin film deposition/analysis.
- In-depth understanding of FP and DFB lasers.
- Ability to design high speed laser structures.
- Team player with good communication skills and strong technical writing
Work experience3-5 years
||Nine Brown Road |
Ithaca, NY 14850
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED