Senior Accountant Fidelis Security Systems
General Dynamics Fidelis Cybersecurity Solutions (Fidelis) is a rapidly growing subsidiary of General Dynamics with principal locations in Waltham, Massachusetts and Bethesda, Maryland. The company?s products and solutions provide organizations with the network visibility, analysis and controls necessary to mitigate the risk of today?s advanced cyber-threats.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
Responsibilities for this Position:
We are seeking a proactive, self-motivated Sr. Accountant to join our finance team. The ideal candidate will be a team player, willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish the goals and objectives of the company as well as the team deliverables. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams such as accounting, finance, operations and tax, to maintain the financial and operational integrity of the company. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, responsibilities encompass a wide range of activities ranging from basic bookkeeping to high level accounting principles.
- Develop, implement and maintain general Fidelis accounting systems.
- Interpret data, prepare and analyze reports and make recommendations
- Assist accounting manager in various monthly closing activities and reporting, account reconciliations, journal preparation
- Develop strong deal knowledge including working knowledge of salesforce.com in order to properly Calculate Commissions; respond to inquiries from sales personnel
- Provide supporting schedules to the tax department for Federal/State filings
- Research and provide guidance around Sales and Use tax issues for applicable states
- Provide assistance with weekly check runs
- Maintain fixed asset ledger, and evaluation pool movement
- Assist with implementation of an accounting system and a commission system
- Perform other projects as requested by Accounting Manager and Controller
- Provide support for meeting presentations
- Daily Cash reconciliation
- Assist Office manager with Concur travel/expense processing
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding of Accounting theory
- 5-8 years of experience
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
||4416 East West Highway |
Bethesda, MD 20814