Senior Accountant Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Foster City, CA
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team at headquarters in Foster City. We are seeking a senior accountant to help out with general ledger, month end close and financial reporting. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Accounting.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare intercompany schedule, transfer pricing calculation and FX revaluation
- Support budget and forecast activities
- Reconcile transactions integrated among systems and BI data
- Prepare headcount and other statistical entries and reconciliation
- Ensure proper month end cutoff and capturing of expenses
- Prepare capex schedules, depreciation and amortization schedules and perform depreciation expense reasonableness analysis, prepare consolidated fixed asset rollforward schedules
- Prepare month end financial package and variance analyses
- Prepare supporting schedules for quarterly financial reviews and annual audit
- Prepare supporting schedules for tax return and account rollfoward
- Assist with quarterly balance sheet and P&L flux analyses
- Assist with worldwide consolidations
- Prepare procedure documentations
- Special projects as required
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting
- 8+ years accounting/finance experience required
- CPA a plus, but not required
- Wide-ranging experience in accounting and strong understanding of US GAAP
- International accounting experience
- Ability to use professional concepts to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Ability to work on complex issues that require in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Ability to determines methods and procedures on new assignments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be able to interface cross functionally within the organization and outside customers and vendors
- Advance in MS Excel and strong ERP system skills
- SOX compliance experience
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do. Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation.
Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and operations in Poland and mainland China. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services