Senior Accountant Sparta Systems
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements of the Corporation and its subsidiaries.
Assure compliance with all reporting requirements under GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
Prepare annual footnote disclosures.
Act as liaison with external and internal audit teams to ensure timely delivery of audit requests..
Provide revenue recognition guidance and assist sales team with appropriate deal structure to ensure full recognition
Research accounting pronouncements and SEC rules and regulations and determine impact on the Company and its subsidiaries.
Participate in key technical accounting projects including, among others, involvement in preparing financials and disclosures relating to acquisitions; public debt offerings; adoption and application of new accounting principles and SEC rules and regulations.
Evaluate impact of new standards on business units.
Prepare and review accounting memos and whitepapers on critical accounting issues.
Interface with business units and assist with accounting for new accounting and business initiatives.
Develop policies and procedures and assist with accounting issues associated with foreign subsidiaries.
Assist in the evaluation of acquisition and investment opportunities.
Conduct rigorous valuation analyses (using multiple methodologies) and business/integration case modeling in order to provide detailed guidance regarding potential acquisitions or investments.
Coordinate due diligence reviews of potential candidates, and evaluating/presenting the due diligence results.
Develop comprehensive financial models to evaluate a wide range of business opportunities, including M&A, strategic investments, commercial partnerships, and strategic alliances
Assist in developing SOX control policy and procedures including the review of month and quarter-end journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure timely completion and compliance.
- Experience within a technology company a must, SAAS software a plus
- Proficient at intermediate/advanced level in Excel and working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting and financial principles to a wide variety of individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers, staff, and management and outside business contacts.
- Experience with Quickbooks Enterprise and NetSuites preferred
- Bachelors degree in Accounting.
- 10 plus years of accounting experience including large public accounting firm experience.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Knowledge of current SEC reporting rules and regulations, and U.S. GAAP accounting rules.
- Knowledge of audit practices and standards for both financial statements and internal controls.
||Holmdel Corporate Plaza |
2137 Highway 35
Holmdel, NJ 07733