Senior Accountant Handy
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Reporting to the Director of Accounting, overall responsibilities include generating accurate summary schedules used for the monthly close and all aspects of report generation for financial and operational reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monthly closing of various business units with respect to all aspects of the booking, billing and Revenue Cycles. This will include:
a. Working closely with the related departments, and also independently, to reconcile payments received (cash, check, wires and credit cards) and credits/refunds issued. Reconciliations will need to be done with company and various third party systems, including third party payment and credit card processing systems.
b. Preparing various summary schedules in excel and then analyze data for inconsistencies. Final summary used as basis for journal entries for billing and revenue recognition (deferred revenue) for various revenue streams.
c. Investigating any discrepancies in Revenue Recognition and working with other departments to resolve. d. Bank Reconciliations and preparation of required journal entries
2. Monthly closing of various other balance sheet accounts
3. Using our internally built system to produce weekly and month reporting packages a. Run and export various reports to create operational reporting.
i. This is data intensive and requires advanced excel skills (e.g.: v-lookups, pivots, and other special functions)to transform the data to information in an easy to understand and concise format
ii. Once the information is in reporting format, investigate unexpected variances via discussions with various departments (
4. Using our Financial Reporting system produce monthly financial reporting packages
a. This includes financial statements, cost center details, profit center details for all business units and locations
5. Supporting Director of Accounting in generating supporting files where necessary on other required reporting to various governing bodies.
6. Special projects as necessary
7. Identify areas where improvements in process will lead to efficiencies and communicate suggestions to Management. Suggest areas and reports that can developed from internal systems to eliminate duplicate manual work and streamline processes.
8. Expected to be a team player working with Finance team and other departments to achieve applicable goals
Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA preferred ? Strong PC skills with strong knowledge of Excel including pivot tables and vlookups. ? Knowledge of macros is a plus. ? Comfort with navigating Information Systems ? Comfort with sorting and manipulating large amounts of data and identifying and investigating discrepancies ? Organized and ability to produce executive ready reports with little rework ? 2+ yrs. experience in accounting environment ? Ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines ? Excellent oral, verbal and analytical skills required with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization effectively ? Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with team
||134 W 29TH ST |
New York, NY 10001
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Handy = Instant booking = Instant happiness
All Jobs: at Handy
|Headquarters:||134 W 29TH ST|
New York, NY 10001
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||Handy is the easiest way to get stuff done around the home.
In under 60 seconds you can book a pre-approved cleaner or handyman. You tell us what you need to get done, where you live, and what time works for you, and we do the rest. It's like Amazon for services. |
Support Handy with Social Media services