Senior Accountant Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Do you want to actually look forward to Monday mornings? You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. Itâs that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on two 2012 âBest Places to Workâ surveys (as voted by our own employees).
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to fill a newly created role in the Finance department, focused on inventory accounting.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain full set of accounts for one of Workday Inc.âs domestic subsidiaries â main areas of responsibilities include recording receipt of equipment, reconciling equipment located at third party assembler, creating and recording intercompany sales invoices, accruals, cash reconciliation, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Communicate with various groups within Workday including Technical Operations, FP&A, Treasury and with third party assembler
- Assist in establishing and monitoring the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures and accounting policies
- Investigate and resolve variances in accounts
- Assist with financial audit preparation
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses for GAAP reporting
- Work on various ad hoc projects and on other Workday companies as requested
Education and Experience
- Bachelorâs degree in Accounting (or with an emphasis in accounting)
- In depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- In depth knowledge of auditing practices and principles
- Minimum of 6 - 8 years of accounting experience including public accounting; software and/or SaaS industry experience highly preferred
- Proficiency with MS Excel and Word
- Experience using a large ERP system
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to learn new concepts and technology quickly
- Excellent analytical skills
- Judgment and problem-solvingÂ
- Team player
- Ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services