Senior Analytics Engineer/Data Scientist eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Current Openings Â» Senior Analytics Engineer/Data Scientist
Senior Analytics Engineer/Data Scientist
Analytics / Business Intelligence | Santa Monica, CA
eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to people's lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
We're looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. We're the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. That's 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more than 50 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia and through our affiliation with eDarling, have a presence in 11 countries throughout continental Europe. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
Join the nation's #1 online relationship service. eHarmony is seeking a seasoned Senior Analytics Engineer/Data Scientist to be responsible for manipulating large databases and transforming the data into business information that helps management fulfill strategic objectives. You will be challenged to find innovative ways to search for meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships by sifting through large amounts of data and then relay/explain the findings to others within the organization. Successful applicants will be energetic team players and have a proven analytic background with a web media or consumer-based online company.
- Data exploration, hypothesis creation, testing algorithms, scaling to large data-sets and validating results that deliver powerful insights into our data that can be used as a competitive advantage in our products.
- Perform large-scale data analysis, Yield optimization and mathematical modeling, Rapid prototyping and deployment of stable and maintainable BI solution
- Designing, deploying, and enhancing hi-visibility analytics, dashboards and reports
- Research and develop predictive analytics for continuous optimization of customer conversion rates based on structured and unstructured data
- Conduct complex SQL/non-SQL queries on data warehouse/data store and work with other data extraction, reporting and analytic tools to develop management reporting in order to gauge, monitor and pinpoint areas for improvement within the company's subscription services.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to gather and process data as well as providing feedback on core products based on detailed data analysis
- Work with business owners to turn business requirements into technical solutions
- Perform ad hoc statistical and data mining analyses
- Present results of analyses to business units, explain technical and statistical concepts to non-technical/non-statistical associates and vice-versa
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert on a particular system and/or process, and is knowledgeable and is able to perform all of the functions under this business group.
- MS Degree or Higher in Math, Statistics or Computer Science or Equivalent
- 5 + years experience as a Data/Analytics, preferably in a data-intensive online company.
- Experience in statistics, applied math or econometrics.
- Experience working in a multi-terabyte data volume environment.
- Strong knowledge of distributed computing, data warehouse, data mining, business analytics and software development
- Experience with technologies such as Netezza, Oracle, Hadoop, MicroStrategy, Tableau, TM1, R etc
- Experience designing, deploying, and enhancing hi-visibility analytics, dashboards and reports
- Ability explain technical and statistical concepts to non-technical/non-statistical associates and vice-versa a must.
- Excellent and through knowledge of SQL skills required
- Hands-on experience with data-related programming and other high-level languages preferred
- Adept at rapid prototyping and deployment of stable and maintainable BI solutions
- Experience should include work in one or more of the following areas: NOSQL, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, or other similar tools, Databases and/or data models (Graph databases, semantic frameworks etc), Statistics (Regression, Clustering, Decision trees, Hypergraphs etc), Simulation, scenario analysis, modeling
- Proficient with visualization tools- Tableau, Polymaps, Gephi, Google Charts, GraphLab/GraphChi etc and Excel
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and understand new areas of data
- Good coding skills covering some procedural as well as statistical or data oriented languages. (Such as: Java, Scala, Python as well as R, SQL, etc.)
- Comfortable working in ambiguous areas where learning and adaptability are key skills
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED