Senior Android Application Developer Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Android Application Developer
Consulting | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: 790
In the time it takes you to read this sentence, the Brightcove video player has been loaded over 9,000 times worldwide. That's over 1 Billion video player requests per week!
Brightcove is the pioneer and leader in providing Online Video Platform services. At Brightcove we are shaping the future of digital media. Our customers include corporate product marketers, large non-profit organizations and major media companies across the globe, among others. Brightcove is all about people: smart, talented and team-oriented players who influence and partake in our amazing journey.
Brightcove's consulting team designs and develops custom video-centric Web and mobile solutions for a variety of customers across the globe. Our mission is to offer designs that enhance the video experience and to utilize the latest technologies to build purposeful products that push boundaries. Our solutions often involve multiple products and services including Brightcove cloud-based services, Content Management System (CMS), Digital Right Management (DRM), Analytics, Advertizing, subscription and monetization engines. We like to hire smart engineers with a passion to solve complex and interesting problems and to learn and utilize new technologies.
Our mobile team is looking for a smart and talented Android developer. This position will design, develop and integrate native Android APPs (tablet and smart-phones) that are centered on video delivery and are integrated with various monetization, analytics, DRM, CMS and Advertizing engines.
- Minimum five years of experience in design and development of digital solutions for Web and/or Mobile platforms
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in design, development and enhancement of native Android APPs using Android SDK with at least one published APP
- Expert-level knowledge of Java and Android SDK
- Knowledge of UI frameworks, MVC and reactive touch based UI
- Solid exposure to unit testing and continuous integration
- Experience with JSON/XML and interfacing with server side HTTP based API's
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, concurrency, object-oriented software design patterns and software optimized for embedded systems (storage and latency)
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Prior experience in multimedia and/or video streaming
- Prior experience in integration with CDN, DRM (Widevine, Adobe Access) , Analytics (Google, Nielsen, SiteCatalyst), Media Advertizing (IMA, DoubleClick, AdSense) and Paywalls
The Work Environment
We are located in Boston's innovation district within walking distance from the South Station. We strive to maintain a fun, casual and friendly environment at work.
Brightcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and participates in E-Verify.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services