Senior Applications System Administrator Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Applications System Administrator
Information Technology | Santa Clara, CA, United States
Sr. Applications Administrator
Santa Clara, Ca
Reporting to the Director of IT Operations, the successful candidate will be part of the IT team, responsible for deployment and administrative handoff of critical IT applications and tools running in a mixed environment of Fedora/Red Hat and Microsoft servers
The ideal candidate will possess technical application management experience including hardware requirements, operating system services, application deployment, capacity planning and tier 3 support. The application suite will consists of but not limited to mobile, SaaS, Microsoft and cloud services. Must be able to maintain a positive attitude while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the design of a scalable IT application environment, considering performance and capacity planning.
- Work closely with other IT teams and business partners to lead the application environment design and deployment of new applications.
- Interface with application vendors, technical resources and other technology partners as necessary.
- Represent the applications roadmap in company business strategy discussions for short & long term planning
- Create application diagrams that accurately represent relationships between components, maintain all technical documentation and performance reports for the application and solution environment.
- Take ownership of an application or solution from design to deployment.
- Monitoring various IT components and applications for trend analysis and continuous availability.
- Perform triage on issues to identify root cause and actions needed.
- Installation and configuration of software and releases.
- Provides technical solutions to enhance application functionality.
- Work from a ticket queue to resolve application related issues.
- Work with key stakeholders to prioritize issues and communicate expectations as to when issues will be resolved.
- Identify common patterns and trends of reoccurring production issues and create/implement an action plan to resolve the issue.
- Assists with conducting research on new technologies and making relevant recommendations to management.
- Create and publish support documentation.
- Deal with people in a manner, which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
Core Competencies/Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Proven track record of corporate wide application deployment.
- Very high degree of innovation & creativity to resolve complex technical problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms.
- High level of expertise in systems and application administration as well as operational best practices.
- Experience with mixed operating systems (e.g. Linux, Red Hat, Windows, Mac OS X, etc).
- At least five years managing a production/application environment
- Documentation management and technical writing skills
- Experience with VMWare, Microsoft, Mobile and Cloud base applications
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and various Internet services (DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH, NFS, SAMBA, etc).
- Knowledge of LDAP and AD authentication
- Experience working in a challenging and fast paced environment, must work well under sustained pressure. Self motivated with a strong sense of ownership, can-do attitude, urgency and drive.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication.
- Project management experience is a plus
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services