Senior Architect Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is seeking a Senior Development Architect to drive incubation and rapid prototyping activities related to innovation of our core platform and to support the architectural efficiency of all engineering deliverables and the alignment with Splunk's overall architecture and technology strategy
This is an incredible opportunity with high visibility across the entire company. The Senior Architect will report directly to the SVP of Products. Focus is on hands-on product development work .
At Splunk we invest heavily in innovation and product architecture plays a key role in assuring overall efficiency of the development process and helping to assure the systems that are built provide world-class scalability, performance and extensibility. The scope of products ranges from our core on-premise platform for operational insight over cloud based services to specialized solutions for Security and Compliance, Application and IT Operations Management.
Of course, we play as hard as we work. Applicants are especially encouraged to apply if you happen to know how to repair vintage pinball machines or mini-motorcycles, excel at playlist creation within little known musical genres, or could be a force to reckon with at the next Shuffleboard Tournament. There is always time to enjoy a game of Street Fighter on the Gamerator, try your luck with the mini putting greens around the office, or head to the courtyard and play some basketballâ€¦you might even be in luck and someone could be grilling out there.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that
- Delivery of sound and complete architecture concepts
- Bootstrapping new products with prototypes and sometimes complete implementation of new concepts
- Driving of platform and user experience consistency of all product deliverables
- Alignment with product and engineering standards
- Driving simplicity of architecture for volume adoption
- Architecture review and risk assessments
- Definition of an architectural vision, roadmap, assumptions and guidance
- Documentation of architecture
- Drive prototyping and proof of concept development activities
- Follow and inform about industry trends and emerging technologies
- Innovate product architecture while maintaining integrity of existing products and observing maintenance constraints
- Encourage innovation, risk taking and creativity
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Drive discussions around product content, working closely with Product Management to define product strategy and roadmap
- 15+ years of software and product development experience with at least 3 years in a comparable technical leadership function
- Exposure to a wide variety of enterprise software, cloud service and application technologies
- Excellent communication and facilitation skillsâ€¨
- Ability to deal with conflicts
- Demonstrated ability to drive product architectures
Education: Got it!
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation from incubation toproduct
- Strong leadership competencies including the ability to champion the strategy, drive a high performance culture, building trust and delivering customer focused innovation
- Familiarity with agile execution methodologies
- Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 5,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks vacation, 2 completely stacked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Monday and Bagel Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, bbqs, soccer, ski trips, on-site yoga classes, health fairs.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED