Senior Associate, Healthcare (Venture Capital) Safeguard Scientifics
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED TITLE:
Senior Associate, Healthcare (Venture Capital)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
For more than 60 years, Safeguard Scientifics (NYSE:SFE) has been synonymous with entrepreneurship and innovation. Founded in 1953 and based in the Greater Philadelphia area, Safeguard has a distinguished record of building market leaders by providing capital and operational support to entrepreneurs across an evolving and innovative spectrum of industries. Today, Safeguard targets companies-near or at commercialization-in healthcare IT, devices, diagnostics, Internet and digital media, financial technology, and enterprise software.
Throughout its existence, Safeguard has successfully completed more than 100 M&A transactions and more than 20 IPOs. Most recently:
- Alverix - Acquired by Becton, Dickinson (2014) (1.9x CoC return for SFE)
- Crescendo Bioscience - Acquired by Myriad Genetics (2014) (3.8x CoC return for SFE)
- NuPathe - IPO (2010); Acquired by Teva Pharmaceutical (2014) (potential 2.0x CoC return for SFE based on future net sales)
- ThingWorx - Acquired by PTC (2013) (Initial 4.0x CoC return for SFE)
As a public company, Safeguard differentiates itself by providing significant value-added services to its partner companies, including finance, accounting, marketing, communications, operations, corporate/business development and human resources.
Safeguard's Deal Team is responsible for identifying prospective partner companies, conducting due diligence, and executing financings. Furthermore, the team is responsible for on-going strategic and operational support of each partner company through the lifecycle of the investment.
We are seeking a post-MBA Senior Associate to assist in sourcing new potential investment opportunities, researching and performing due diligence on prospective deals, and supporting our partner companies with strategic projects including M&A analysis and follow-on financings.
This role offers a unique opportunity to gain a blend of transactional and operational experience in some of the most promising areas of healthcare.
The opportunity offers an immediate start and is expected to last two (2) years. Strong performers may be considered for advancement at Safeguard or within a Safeguard partner company.
- Assist in the deal qualification process through interaction with entrepreneurs and Safeguard senior management
- Review and evaluate business plans to determine fit with Safeguard
- Research attractive markets to identify market segmentation, growth prospects and competitive dynamics
- Identify and conduct primary research calls with appropriate physicians, surgeons, executives and other diligence sources
- Create presentations and build financial models to support initial capital deployments/acquisitions, restructurings and liquidity events
- Assist in supporting existing Safeguard partner companies, including identifying acquisition targets, identifying new product/market opportunities, assisting with financial planning and attending board meetings
- Develop relationships with peers in private equity/venture capital industry as well as entrepreneurs
- Deep knowledge of and passion for healthcare markets
- Successful experience using primary and secondary sources to gather market data, having generated actionable conclusions
- Strong understanding of corporate finance, accounting and relevant financial modeling
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Four (4) to eight (8) years of prior relevant work experience
- Completion of advanced degree program at top-tier school
- Prior experience in venture capital or other related transactional field (private equity, corporate development, consulting, investment banking)
- Relevant technical experience such as a medical degree or similar
- Experience in authoring presentations/reports for senior executive level audiences
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
All Jobs: at Safeguard Scientifics
|Headquarters:||435 Devon Park Drive|
Wayne, PA 19087
|Company Profile:||For more than 60 years, Safeguard Scientifics (NYSE:SFE) has been synonymous with entrepreneurship and innovation. Founded in 1953 and based in the Greater Philadelphia area, Safeguard has a distinguished record of building market leaders by providing capital and operational support to entrepreneurs across an evolving and innovative spectrum of industries. Today, Safeguard targets companies-near or at commercialization-in healthcare IT, devices, diagnostics, Internet and digital media, financial technology, and enterprise software. |
Support Safeguard Scientifics with Social Media services