Jaspersoft's Engineering team keeps growing to bring you even more new exciting features and products. Our Engineering team isn't your father's software development shop. We're the engine of one of the most innovative and fast growing BI companies in the world with a customer base bigger than Oracle's and SAP's combined! We're looking for software developers with creative bend and great skills who won't shy away from turning stale BI stack on its head while having fun with it.
Qualified candidates need to know Java and like working on complex middleware and server products, have a good understanding of one or more BI technologies, and be adamant about good user experience and elegant software design. We are based in the SOMA district in San Francisco.
Jaspersoft's open source business intelligence is the world's most widely used BI software, with more than 10 million product downloads worldwide and more than 12,000 commercial customers in 100 countries. Jaspersoft provides a web-based, open and modular approach to the evolving business intelligence needs of the enterprise and is the only BI vendor enabling true multi-tenancy while providing a common platform for on-premise, virtualized, SaaS and cloud deployments.
Jaspersoft has been growing dramatically over the past year, and is currently looking to expand it's Server Software team with a Senior Software Engineer (Server).
The Senior Build & Release engineer owns the build, release, configuration management, install and source code control functions for Jaspersoft products, including open source and commercial products, patches, and maintenance releases. This person needs to show leadership skills and be able to mentor junior engineers.
- Design, develop, deploy, maintain, improve, document and own the following functions and their related processes:
- Packaging and release
- Java source build
- Install and upgrade, including installers and scripts
- Source code control, related tools and scripts
- Automated build and continuous integration environment
- Integrate new components and projects into Build, CM, and Release infrastructure, working closely with Engineering and QA to minimize impact to developers and CI systems
- Increase software release process efficiency, streamlining process and procedures
- Produce and maintain internal build, release and systems reference documentation
- Train engineering in new build procedures and tools, ensure they meet the needs of Jaspersoft engineers, customers and community
- Provide direction and assistance as needed to engineers working on build and release infrastructure
- Troubleshoot build and release job failures, resolve or work with engineers on resolution
- Improve developer productivity and Engineering performance by developing and deploying tools for Build and Release Management and metrics
- Provide assistance to QA and Tech Pubs to ensure product is properly QA'd and documented
- Contribute to the Open Source community
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US, should not require sponsorship for visa
- Minimum job experience is 8 years in software development industry
- 5+ years experience as a build engineer responsible for builds and source code management
- 5+ years experience administering Linux and Windows, including shell scripting
- 4+ years experience with Java
- 2+ years experience with Maven, and related technologies (Ant, XML)
- 4+ years experience with Cruise Control, TeamCity or Hudson
- 3+ years experience with application and DB technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Tomcat, JBoss, Glassfish, WebLogic, J2EE.
- 3+ years experience with Subversion, CVS or Perforce source code control administration
- Experience with standard product development and release processes.
- Experience with installers (Bitrock, InstallShield, Windows Installer) is a plus
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is essential
- Experience working for a software company is a must
- Experience with open source development a plus
- Experience working with offshore teams a plus
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience