Senior Business Analyst or Product Manager Data Management & Business Intelligence â Exton, PA Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We are looking for a Sr Business Analyst or Product Manager with Property Casualty insurance and Data Warehouse experience to join our Data Management & Business Intelligence team in Exton, PA. Our product managers are the glue that hold together our minimally-supervised teams; you will be at the center of our product development effort. If you have experience in gathering requirements & functional specifications for enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence applications, a high degree of comfort with technology, and exceptional analytical and communications skills, then come talk to us.
Guidewire Software is a leading provider of flexible, enterprise software products focused on servicing the $1.5 trillion property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Amica, The Co-Operators Group and The Dominion of Canada Insurance to efficiently run their high volume, complex and mission-critical insurance operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing. Guidewire is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Toronto.
Insurance is the most complicated and under-served software market in the financial services space. The applications we build are large and extraordinarily complex, and support the needs of customers across the diverse global property and casualty insurance market.
We really believe that Agile development is the best way to develop software. Our use of the Agile development process leads to and supports a sustainable, family-friendly environment, and to a fundamentally humane life/work balance. We pride ourselves on a calm, systematic, and rational approach to our business.
Product managers at Guidewire assume a wide range of responsibilities. You may currently be a senior business analyst in your current company but you should have experience in gathering requirements for insurance software applications, a high degree of comfort with technology, and exceptional analytical and communications skills. Because of our strong commitment to quality across the development team, you will also support data driven test cases. Our product managers are the glue that hold together our minimally-supervised teams; you will be at the center of our product development effort.
As a part of the Data Management & BI Product Management team at Guidewire your responsibilities will include:
This is in order of importance for the most part:)
- Gather, develop & document business requirements from internal, external and customer sources to enrich and enhance our Data Management products.
- Defining detailed requirements and functional specifications, working closely with developers through designs, making tactical decisions and working through corner-cases identified by customers or application teams
- Collaborate effectively with Guidewire core product teams to represent new data needs, understand core product features and data dependencies within Data Management.
- Act as (develop into) subject matter expert for new & existing business unit level data warehousing initiatives
- Work closely with development and QA teams to ensure quality solutions are delivered.
- Form strong working relationships with internal users - both business and technical - to facilitate data warehouse objectives and road map delivery.
- Participate in investigational analysis and evaluation to determine project feasibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Required skills/experience/competencies: (Bolds are must haves)
- BA/BS degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years Insurance domain experience, in Property & Casualty or General Insurance operations from both a business/manager/user and systems perspective. A candidate who can demonstrate similar data integration and application development skills in another industry will also be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence experience
- Ability to translate high level requirements into detailed product data specifications
- Strong understanding of KPI's, data relationships, reporting schemas, data transformations.
- Experience with BI tools, Cube / OLAP technologies. Extensive experience with data warehouse applications.
- A thorough understanding of data warehouse principles and dimensional design is expected.
- SQL skills using Oracle and SQL Server databases a plus
- Ability to manage complex initiatives with limited supervision
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- High energy, strong team player
- Good decision-making skills
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented environment
- A real passion for detailed feature design and problem solving.
- Ability to work in Exton, PA with occasional travel to our headquarters in San Mateo, California.
If working in a fast-moving, low-bureaucracy environment sounds good to you; if you'd like to work with a team of great engineers, and you would enjoy being part of a financially strong and growing company, then please contact us. If you'd like to learn more about our unusual work environment, please visit http://www.guidewire.com/company/careers.
||Exton, PA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services