Senior Business Analyst Infor Global Solutions, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Business Analyst
USA, Herndon,13454 Sunrise Valley D
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Infor Job Posting
Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
JOB POSITION: Senior Business Analyst
JOB LOCATION: Herndon, VA, USA
JOB SUMMARY: As a member of the Development team, the Business Analyst is responsible for gathering, analyzing and communicating business requirements for assigned product development, product maintenance and support activities; and for contributing to the design and realization of solutions to agreed requirements. The role spans the full product development lifecycle. The position involves close interaction with customers, product management, product architects, developers, other business analysts, quality assurance and technical writers. The Sr. Business Analyst is expected to possess deep, hands-on understanding of the product functionality and needs of users. Does not typically have management responsibilities such as hiring, firing, performance appraisals and pay reviews; however, may assist with such decisions and activities.
* Identifies and documents requirements including:
* Works with the Project Lead to understand software system requirements and design specifications for various computer operating systems.
* Represents requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
* Aids in requirements analysis/verification, ensuring that requirement statements are in accordance with approved methodology.
* Breaks down high-level business/user requirements
* Participates in requirements prioritization, release scope control and management.
* Responsible to provide designs and input on coding, quality, and implementation considerations throughout the development lifecycle.
* Identifies and documents designs and specifications including:
* Writes product designs/specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely. The designs are based upon system design specifications.
* Participates in breaking down high-level business and user requirements into a functional product design.
* Participates in defining quality specifications, external interfaces, screen flows, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
* Identifies user classes; documents user class characteristics/user patterns.
* Communicates product designs to the assigned development and QA teams and work to resolve issues with the product designs through the design review process.
* Participates in design reviews derived from requirements specifications to ensure that requirements were interpreted correctly.
* Identifies and recommends resolution to problems in accordance with design processes so as to ensure software quality.
* Participates in design reviews to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
* Ensures that product designs successfully fulfill the needs that are defined in the business requirements.
* Identifies potential technical problems or design flaws so that preventive action can be taken.
* Collaborates on and documents product change orders throughout the software development life cycle including collaborating on customer feedback and discusses how requests fit into product development.
* Performs research (in the form of internet searches, client visits, reading books, attending seminars, interviewing industry experts, etc.) to augment understanding of business processes and user requirements.
* Keeps abreast with industry trends and practices specific to a domain.
* Provides domain knowledge/product knowledge to development and QA teams and as a subject matter expert on products to support groups such as marketing, documentation, training, support, field services and clients. This includes being an expert on the business processes, designs and specifications that are within their respective area.
* Leads presentations on designs/product features to customers (internal and external).
* Works with other members of the software development team to plan projects that will require specifications, and designs.
* Evaluates, incorporates and documents product change orders throughout the software development life cycle.
* Exhibits innovation in the development of new/improved methods or approaches to problems.
* Identifies and implements resolution to problems with design processes so as to ensure software quality.
* Works with Product Management to identify and implement processes that facilitate the transformation of business requirements into successful product designs.
* Participates in the evolution/implementation of product development processes and tools.
* Participates in formulation of project plans.
* Communicates regularly with project management regarding project deadlines and progress; escalating issues as needed.
* May conduct user acceptance tests.
* Carry out integration testing and system testing of new development work as assigned.
* Investigate, validate and prioritize resolution of reported product faults.
* Review and contribute to product release documentation.
* Mentor business analysts and help in product training for various departments as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or related field.
* Position typically requires 5 years of prior business analyst experience.
* Formal training in business analysis techniques.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience of using, supporting or testing commercial/business applications.
* Minimum of 4 years' experience of working in a software house environment, supporting, designing or testing packaged software.
* Minimum of 3 years GRC, Compliance, Business Process Monitoring domain expereince
* Expertise across business processes (Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Inventory)
* Knowledge of ERP security models in one or more ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft, Infor, Lawson)
* Proficient with PCs/Servers and various software applications.
* Use-case modeling and design documentation skills.
* Helps to mentor less experienced employees in addition to fostering teamwork.
PREFERRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
* Strong customers and development focus with excellent communication/presentation skills.
* Systematic and logical approach to problem-solving, analysis and testing.
* An appreciation of relevant technologies, to include application development environments/frameworks and languages, databases, networking and client/server systems.
* Demonstrate ability to think laterally; by recommending innovative enhancements, effective solutions to customer requirements/faults, etc.
* A working knowledge of modern software engineering practices and methodologies.
* Unified Modeling Language (UML).
* .NET Technology, SQL Server, Windows Environment, Architecture & Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.
Send to Friend
||Salisbury Center, NY 13454 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED