Senior Business Intelligence Engineer eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Current Openings Â» Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Analytics / Business Intelligence | Santa Monica, CA
eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to people's lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
We're looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. We're the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. That's 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more than 33 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia and through our affiliation with eDarling, have a presence in 11 countries throughout continental Europe. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
Join the nation's #1 online relationship service. eHarmony is seeking a seasoned BI/Data Engineer to be responsible for manipulating large databases and transforming the data into business information that helps management fulfill strategic objectives. You will be challenged to find innovative ways to search for meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships by sifting through large amounts of data and then relay/explain the findings to others within the organization. Successful applicants will be energetic team players and have a proven analytic background with a web media or consumer-based online company.
- Conduct complex SQL queries on data warehouse and work with other data extraction, reporting and analytic tools to develop management reporting in order to gauge, monitor and pinpoint areas for improvement with the company's subscription services.
- Work with Business Users to define explicit business requirements for MicroStrategy Reports in support of strategic and/or tactical projects.
- Design and create front-end reports and queries to provide data access to business users through MicroStrategy.
- Convert the existing ad-hoc user requests / manual queries into MicroStrategy Objects and Reports.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert on a particular system and/or process, and is knowledgeable and is able to perform all of the functions under this business group.
- Identify data quality issues and support the data governance initiative by participating in necessary activities.
- Conduct on-going analysis of the business, operating practices, and process flows.
- Develop business case scenarios and models.
- 5 + years experience as a Data Analyst, preferably in a data-intensive online company.
- Advanced SQL coding skills.
- 5+ years experience with using MicroStrategy to build reports.
- Experience working in a multi-terabyte data volume environment.
- Experience working on Data Warehouse platforms like Netezza, Terradata.
- Experience with developing business case scenarios and models.
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics, a plus.
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED