Senior Business Intelligence Engineer eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Current Openings Â» Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Analytics / Business Intelligence | Santa Monica, CA
eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to people's lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
We're looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. We're the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. That's 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more than 50 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia and through our affiliation with eDarling, have a presence in 11 countries throughout continental Europe. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
Join the nation's #1 online relationship service. eHarmony is seeking a seasoned Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to be responsible for manipulating large databases and transforming the data into business information that helps management fulfill strategic objectives. You will be challenged to find innovative ways to search for meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships by sifting through large amounts of data and then relay/explain the findings to others within the organization. Successful applicants will be energetic team players and have a proven analytic background with a web media or consumer-based online company.
- Developing analytical solutions to business problems through the design and programming of Business Intelligence/Data warehouse constructs and presentation layers.
- Design, model and develop data models (logical and physical) to support reporting and analytics.
- Develop and maintain a technical metadata framework and repository of data events and ETL operations.
- Help plan and maintain the technical infrastructure, its configuration, performance, and storage requirements, with consideration of tiered data and data archiving.
- Establish data quality standards and be an active participant in data governance process
- Recognizing and managing technical dependencies and/or limitations that impact analytics work.
- Conduct complex SQL queries on data warehouse and work with other data extraction, reporting and analytic tools to develop management reporting in order to gauge, monitor and pinpoint areas for improvement with the company's subscription services.
- Working with business stakeholders to gather, analyze, and then translate requirements in BI reporting area â€" either recommending an existing solution, developing a solution, or synthesizing requirement for delivery to engineering teams for development.
- Provide ongoing evaluations of technology solutions and capabilities to ensure alignment with business objectives, identify areas of risk, while monitoring the current environment, and potential improvement areas
- Provide expert advice in the usage and interpretation of data to various business partners
- Actively question and challenge customers to understand their requirements and reach the best solutions, near term and long term.
- Understands and adheres to development and documentation standards, database design and storage.
- Understand the structure and meaning of data coming in the source systems through data profiling
- Successfully implementing process improvements impacting own work and work of others.
- On-call application support is required.
- 8+ years Technology experience and a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or a related field from a top program; or equivalent experience
- 5 + years Data warehouse/Data Mart design experience, ETL development, MicroStrategy development and modeling
- Exceptional Data Warehousing and Modeling skills with proven track record designing large, complex Data Warehouse solutions pulling from multiple data sources
- Excellent expertise in ETL process architecture, design and implementation handling Big Data using technologies like Informatica, Mapreduce etc
- Excellent knowledge and excellent development skills in designing/building business intelligence and analytics solutions using various MicroStrategy products including Desktop, Web, Office, Report Services, Mobile, Intelligence server and Narrowcast/Distribution services and Tableau.
- Excellent and thorough knowledge of SQL skills required for both troubleshooting, optimizing and for providing support of the Data warehouse/BI environment on MicroStrategy as well as to generate Ad-Hoc queries and reports on OLTP systems based on business requirements.
- Experience with dimensional and relational DB design and development with multiple relational databases such as Netezza, Teradata, Oracle .
- Strong in Python, Java, or PHP stack.
- Proficient working with Linux platform, and hands on in programming languages (Java, C/C++, Python, UNIX script).
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Mapreduce, Hive, Pig preferred.
- Analysis and creation of logical data models (normalized and dimensional data models) using industry standard tools including robust data definitions.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Linux environments including RedHat, CentOS and Ubuntu. Hadoop-related technologies like Pig, Hive, Flume, Cloudera Message busses such as Scribe, Flume, ActiveMQ. Configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef. NoSQL data stores like MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra or Couchbase. Revision control systems like Subversion, Git or Perforce.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical associates and vice-versa a must.
- Experience with and knowledge of multiple Data Warehouse/Data Mart architectures including various MPP and SMP database systems.
- Experience with performance and scalability design and testing.
- Functional knowledge of OLTP and OLAP architectures, methods and processes as they relate to Data Warehouse input/output design.
- Customer-centric Data experience desirable.
- DBA and operational experience a plus.
- Experience with developing business case scenarios and models.
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED