Senior Component Engineer Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto Networks is seeking a seasoned Component Engineer to join the Manufacturing Technical Operations team. This highly experienced senior individual will work in the Technical Operations team within Manufacturing Operations in providing expert level component engineering support for all of Palo Alto Networks platforms. Working in a highly collaborative environment with Supply Base Managers, this individual will contribute to the selection and qualification of components and major sub-assemblies for our industry leading security solutions.
- In collaboration with the Technical Operations Manager, platform hardware engineering team, product management, and product operations, works to maintain the Approved Materials List (AML) through the selection and qualification of components and sub-assemblies.
- Collaborates closely with the Supply Base team in the selection, qualification, approvals, changes and additions to the AML.
- Identifies and qualifies alternate component sources to minimize risk in the supply chain and to support cost reduction and quality improvements.
- Reviews specifications of new components and sub assemblies to ensure form, fit and function compatibility with existing sources in the AML.
- Drives and tracks the qualification components through established processes. Works to improve existing processes and define new processes for component qualification for a broad range of commodities.
- Monitors the quality of components over a broad range of commodities in manufacturing and the field; drives to root cause and corrective action with component manufacturers. Acts as the technical point person for quality/performance issues.
- Manages the component database (Arena) and corresponding documentation including component specifications and relevant supporting documentation from suppliers.
- Review supplier Part/Product Change Notifications (PCN), End of Life notifications (EOL) and determines product impact.
- Flags end of life or obsolete components and ensures qualification of new components are completed to ensure ongoing source of supply.
- Uses industry best practices in change control management to track approved components in the Arena database (ECO, MCO, deviations, etc.).
- Drives the corporate RoHS initiative for all materials used in our products, ensuring the completeness of supporting documentation is in place to meet the European Directives.
- Broad knowledge of multiple commodities (CPU, memory, ASIC, FPGA, PCBA, DIMM, power components, power supplies, electro-mechanical assemblies, enclosures) with expert level experience one or more area is necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge of failure mechanisms in electrical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies over a wide range of commodities.
- Working knowledge of industry best practices for component and product level qualification and design verification testing (DVT practices, HALT, HASS, etc.).
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills, both written and verbal, and a highly collaborative working style in a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability of complex issues, technically and operationally.
- Experience in partnering with and directing the efforts of multiple industry leading EMS and OEM/ODM providers is a must.
- Strong skills using mainstream PC tools (MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and industry prevalent business tools (Agile, Oracle, SAP, Arena and others) to execute on business objectives.
- Bachelors degree in relevant engineering discipline (BSEE, BSME). Master degree is preferred.
- 8+ years progressive and proven experience in component engineering in the computer networking industry, including Quality and Reliability.
- Knowledge of international environmental requirements (RoHS, WEEE, Reach, etc) and working to obtain such certifications is highly desired.
- Proven track record in managing multiple commodities through the complete product life cycle, from conceptualization to production to end-of-sale and end-of-life support.
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED