Senior Consultant, Financials Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Do you want to actually look forward to Monday mornings? You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. Itâs that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on 2012 & 2013's âBest Places to Workâ surveys (as voted by our own employees).
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies.
The Professional Services FinancialsÂ Senior Consultant will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday solution. The Senior Consultant will provide Workday product and implementation expertise to their engagements. The Senior Consultant will work with their clients to understand their business requirements and help configure and test the Workday solution. The Senior Consultant will take direction and provide status to the Engagement Manager assigned to their project. Position available inÂ Chicago or Minneapolis.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Become an expert in the Workday product suite âwith a primary focus on Financials, within the comercial sector
- Perform the following on an engagement : 1) understand client business requirements, 2) configure the Workday solution, 3) demonstrate the configurations through the development of prototype systems, 4) assist the client in testing the Workday solution
- Work with the client/data conversion team to help convert legacy data into Workday
- Complete the work assigned to you by the Engagement Manager within the budgeted time allocated
- Assist the integration consulting team in helping to configure and test integrations between Workday and 3rd party/custom solutions
- Understand Workdayâs Implementation Methodology and use it on all engagements
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints
- Help mentor new Consultants
- Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices
- Identify opportunities to position other service offerings
- Ensure the client is reference-able once the client is in production
- Participate in update training and other events that help share oneâs product skills with other consultants
- Provide the Engagement Manager with status reports and keep them apprised of overall project status
- 6+ years implementing Financial, Procurement and/or Expense Management solutions.
- Â Previous consulting experience either as a consultant with a consulting company or an internal consultant
- Experience implementing Workday, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, ADP or similar applications
- Experience with at least 2 functional areas:
- General Â Â Â Â Â Ledger
- Accounts Â Â Â Â Â Payable
- Accounts Â Â Â Â Â Receivable
- Asset Â Â Â Â Â Management
- Expense Â Â Â Â Â Management
- Â Financial Reporting/budgeting
Â Â Â Â Â
Â Â Â Â Â
- Bachelor degree required.
- Passion for customer service
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Functional and technical experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities.
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training.
- Experience with multiple financial applications a plus
- PMP certification a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
||Chicago, IL |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services