Senior Content Manager - eHow Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Content Manager - eHow
Content | Santa Monica, CA, United States
eHow is looking for an editor/content manager to help lead the eHow channels focused primarily on Food and Home. We're looking for ambitious, driven, self-starters who want to be on the leading edge of innovation in online media and technology.
This position is located in Santa Monica, CA and reports to the eHow Editor-in-Chief.
- Own the overall content experience for eHow's Home and Food channels, including the creation, packaging and presentation of text and video.
- Provide editorial leadership and engagement with Product, Marketing, PR, Ad Sales, Engineering, SEO and other teams.
- Contribute to and manage editorial calendar for the Home and Food channels as well as editorial calendars for other channels;
- Work closely with internal and external teams to define content strategy.
- Stay on top of current trends in the Home and Food arenas and develop practical ways to incorporate trends into the eHow.com editorial strategy.
- Develop content production strategy/plan by identifying content gaps and performing ongoing quality audit.
- Contribute to eHow's voice by contributing regularly through social media outlets; build and nurture a following for the Home and Food channels through these outlets.
- Work closely with Demand Media Studios on all aspects of content creation, including the development of talent and expert personalities for video series, blogs, etc.
- Provide input and direction on the expansion of the site's taxonomy.
- Track and understand performance of content based on traffic and revenue.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, communications or related field preferred;
- Four to six years of journalism experience with a strong writing and editing background as well as production experience with editorial calendars;
- Experience with content management systems, online publishing tools and basic SEO concepts;
- Solid Microsoft Office Skills, including Excel;
- Understanding of social media, especially Facebook and Twitter;
- Experience managing newsletters, and email marketing best practices;
- Ability to juggle several projects simultaneously while working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Efficiency, accuracy, strong organizational skills, dependability and a keen eye for detail.
- Internet savvy, with basic understanding of the principles of online publishing
- Journalistic curiosity and energy to discover new and exciting topics
- Proven experience working with a content management system
- Familiarity with AP style or other publishing style manuals
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience collaborating in a team environment
- Knowledgeable in SEO, user generated content, etc.
- Experience in organic traffic growth management
- Strong management and project management skills
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED