Senior Data Scientist, Recommendation Engine Rearden Commerce
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Interested in this opportunity?
- Apply Now! Will take less than 5 minutes
- Refer a friend (by e-mail) to this job opportunity
Deem, Inc. delivers Commerce-as-a-Service to businesses enabling them to save, sell and syndicate resulting in lower costs, increased revenue and enhanced customer loyalty. Over the past year, more than $6.5 billion of relevant commerce transactions occurred across Deem. Deem is headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
On the Deem Analytics team we greatly value versatility, creativity, solid quantitative thinking, and the initiative to learn new skills. Absolute Relevance is the central positioning of Deem, Inc., and this role is in turn central to the delivery of that promise. If you are intellectually curious and have the world class quant skills to meet the challenges, you will love this job.
- In this role your primary focus is the development and validation of machine-learned models for scoring commerce items (daily deals, offers, goods, services) for use in a recommendation engine
- Your secondary focus is to perform advanced analyses in support of key business decisions, usually closely related to the business to which the models apply. Your work will impact the sucess of the company directly
- In addition to answering to being able to witness the direct impact of your work on the company's revenue, you'll also be an authority to our bright, but more junior data scientists who look to for deep technical advice and review
- BS or MS in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Operations Research, Engineering Economic Systems, Physics, or equivalent quantitative, data-intensive discipline
- 3-6 years data mining, statistical modeling
- 2+ year's private sector experience analyzing large data sets
- Strong preference for experience analyzing behavioral data sets, and we mean humans please
- Fluency in and significant spent using more than one statistical and/or data mining solution
- Experience working directly with Hadoop, Pig or Hive, and Mahout very much appreciated
- Java fluency unnecessary, but a strong plus
- Strong preference for demonstrable learning bandwidth
- Modeling and predictive analytics skills and experience, including multivariate data mining and machine learning techniques
- Scripting or coding fluency in R, Matlab, Python's analysis modules, or equivalent modeling language a must. Bonus points for Pig, Hive, or coding against the MapReduce API directly
- An innate intellectual curiosity and the energy, resourcefulness, analytical skills, and a taste for just the right amount of rigor to satisfy it
- World class communication skills; the ability to tell stories with data, to educate effectively, to instill confidence in your recommendations, and to motivate others to act on them
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED