Senior Data Warehouse Engineer Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
Have a passion for open source database technologies? Comfortable rolling your own solutions? Ready to rock real estate? Come be a part of Trulia's Data Warehouse and Reporting team.
You'll have the opportunity to work in a transparent, creative environment and to take initiative â€" if you have an idea that's good for the team, we'll implement it. You'll collaborate across a smart, deeply experienced team including Data Science, Analytics and Product Management to determine the best solution. You'll work with a fun technology stack and will have lots of visibility across Engineering and Trulia.
- Technical design, implementation and maintenance of data modeling, ETL and reporting
- Perform all necessary data transformations to populate data into a warehouse table structure that is optimized for reporting and analytics
- Assess the impact of production system changes to the existing warehouse, and implement changes to the warehouse ETL and reporting code to ensure consistent and accurate reporting
- Strong SQL and data modeling skills
- Design and development of custom ETL systems for complex, multi-source data warehouse applications
- Expert scripting skills (Java, Python, Php, or Perl)
- Attention to detail â€" it's in your DNA
- Data partitioning at the software and hardware level
- SQL performance tuning, indexes, optimization, query plan analysis, and locks
- Not required, but experience in Pentaho, Hadoop, or Hive is an advantage
You'll feel the difference when you walk through our door. Trulia's culture is vibrant, smart and based on valuing and empowering employees. And we have the benefits and perks to back that up: flexible vacations, 401k match, quarterly Innovation week for 'off roadmap' projects, Aeron chairs, all IDEs welcome, people you're happy to see every day, indoor bike racks, an awesome SoMa office with Penthouse roof deck, ping pong and foosball tables, fully stocked kitchens with organic goodies and two kegerators.
Trulia is a successful rapidly growing Internet technology company, redefining the home search experience for consumers and changing the way that real estate professionals build their businesses. Our marketplace, delivered through the web and mobile applications, gives consumers powerful tools to research homes and neighborhoods and enables real estate professionals to efficiently market their listings and attract new clients.
Trulia was founded in 2005, backed by Accel Partners and Sequoia Capital, and had a successful IPO in 2012. We are headquartered in downtown San Francisco with offices in Denver and New York.
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED