Senior Database Administrator Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Are you an Oracle DBA with experience supporting hosted applications as well as enterprise software? Do you want to be an integral part of a fast-moving software development team? Are you interested in analytics and big data? Guidewire Software has an opportunity for a Senior Database Administrator to be one of a small team that is building out ground-breaking solutions for our customers. You can be a key contributor, ensuring the health and scalability of our applications.
This position is for a full-time, permanent employee. Contractors need not apply.
The responsibilities of a Senior Database Administrator at Guidewire typically include:
- Install and maintain development, test and production Oracle databases, which will be used worldwide
- Automate database installations
- Develop scripts for monitoring and notification
- Design and develop processes and procedures
- Help with questions on database configurations and performance tuning
- Help meet strict SLAs for uptime and data protection
- Work with software engineers, platform database team and IT to resolve problems
- Learn new technologies
We care most about your critical thinking skills and technical talent. However, prior experience with a majority of the following technologies is desired.
If you think you qualify, let us know. Submit your resume today.
- Excellent track record of supporting Oracle database tuning in large-scale enterprise software applications. Experience in a hosted environment is desirable.
- Good understanding of Oracle RDBMS concepts
- Strong SQL skills and some basic PL/SQL knowledge
- Advanced knowledge in backup and recovery technologies
- Experience working with performance-related tools like Oracle AWR, events, execution plans, etc.
- Strong experience in shell scripting or an alternate language, like Perl or Python, is required
- Experience with high availability and disaster recovery solutions, like RAC and Data Guard, is preferable
- Experience with Enterprise database options is required
- Exposure to Oracle Spatial option will be a bonus
- Experience with Oracle encryption technologies is a plus
- Experience with Linux
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services