Senior Developer Operations Engineer Apigee
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About Apigee, The API Company
Apps are changing the way we live, and APIs are the secret ingredient that makes apps work. Apigee gives businesses and developers everything they need to be successful in the app economy. Hundreds of companies including AT&T, eBay, Pearson, Gilt Groupe, and Walgreens use Apigee to reach new customers and drive innovation through APIs.
Apigee's API Platform enables businesses and developers to deliver well designed, scalable APIs and apps, drive developer adoption, and extract business value from their API ecosystem.
About Apigee People
Apigee hires smart people who love to solve hard problems and have fun. We?re passionate. We love APIs, we love our customers, and we love application developers. We work as a team, fast and focused, learning as we go. We respect one another, our customers and everyone we do business with.
About being a Senior Developer Operations Engineer at Apigee
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for deploying and managing Apigee solutions in the cloud. We are a fast growing company and need you to help us scale our operations.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will...
- Build out our complete management framework for managing Apigee solutions in public clouds and on-premise
- Work with customers to install, deploy, configure and run Apigee solutions in their cloud or on-premise environments
- Ensure that our software and services are maintained to the highest level of availability and reliability
- Working with the ops teams to resolve support issues and role problem identification and remediation back into the automation framework
- Drive continuous integration and continuous deployment initiatives
- Lead functional and performance troubleshooting efforts
Think you may be our next Senior DevOps Engineer? You bring the table...
- Rock solid knowledge of Linux
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP protocols (HTTP, SSL, DNS, etc.)
- Experience deploying and operating large scale distributed Java apps
- Experience with configuration automation tools (Puppet, Chef, CFEngine, etc.) and/or strong scripting experience
- Experience with multiple virtualization platforms
- Experience with SaaS or cloud development, deployment and testing. Direct experience with EC2, OpenStack or vCloud
- Experience installing, managing and upgrading a Hadoop Cluster in a unix/linux environment, as well as installing and configuring Hadoop ecosystem tools (Hive, Zookeeper, HBase, Pig, Flume, etc.)
- Experience installing, administering, scaling Large Scale database clusters (MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, etc.)
- Strong distributed SCM skills (Git, Hg, etc.)
- Experience managing 100s of -nix servers
- Rails experience a plus
- Experience with web services and enterprise application integration a plus
Apigee offers great compensation, work-life balance, health insurance coverage, insurance for your financial protection, and savings/investment plans. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(k).
We are a non-accrued vacation time company, whereby we allow as much time you need for personal and vacation matters, with proper management approval. There is freedom in planning the workday with flexible start and stop times subject to the company's needs.
Apigee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
||Palo Alto, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED