Senior Developer - Trading Systems R.J. O'Brien & Associates
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Reports To: Director ? Application Architecture
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Hours: 8:00 a.m. ? 5:00 p.m.
RJ O?Brien is looking for an experienced .NET (C#) developer to deliver server-side trading applications within an established application ecosystem. This person will design, develop and support systems that process mission critical order flow. As part of the development team the developer will have direct interaction with business and technical stakeholders who will participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle. By integrating with RJO?s development and operational architectures and having a keen eye toward performance, this developer will produce well-tested and successful business solutions.
Experience with designing and developing server-side C# applications is central to this position. Exposure to multiple stages of the software development lifecycle is important; in-depth experiences desired but not required.
This role does not require extensive business knowledge, but financial experience would be a plus in the evaluation process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing technical and functional requirements for new components
- Designing and delivering server side C# applications to support order flow
- Ensuring that solutions meet performance requirements
- Integrating solutions with the existing fabric of RJO?s application architecture and adhering to development standards
- Identifying ways to improve designs and solutions through the use of appropriate techniques or technologies
- Supporting and enhancing production applications
- Interacting with business analysts and developers at all points in the SDLC
Bachelor?s Degree or relevant significant industry experience
Solid development experience with C# 4.0; C# 5 is a plus
Exposure to automated unit testing frameworks, code coverage tools, continuous integration products and dependency injection concepts strongly desired
Demonstrated ability to develop message-oriented server applications
Familiarity with at least one messaging framework (e.g., MSMQ, ActiveMQ, SonicMQ)
Working knowledge of FIX protocols or market data distribution desired
Active participant in the requirements gathering phase
Able to translate requirements into designs and solutions
Integrate solutions with a framework of common service applications such as centralized logging, performance statistics capturing, and automated deployment tools
Interest in applying new technology-specific approaches and patterns
||222 South Riverside Plaza |
Chicago, IL 60606
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED