Senior Development Operations Engineer - System Level ( POS-03257 ) Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Development Operations Engineer - System Level
- Strong System engineer / system administration experience on Linux or another UNIX like operating system (Solaris, FreeBSD etc.)
- Knowledge of at least two programming languages (Python or Ruby)
- Experience building & running production systems
- Experience leading projects & design through implementation & support phases
- Experience in Database / data storage administrationÂ (either RDBMS like MySQL/ PostgreSQL or Hadoop)
- Query / reporting ability (SQL / MapReduce)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Configuration management experience (chef, puppet, cfengine)
- Experience with monitoring systems (nagios, munin), graphing systems (graphite, rrdtool) and messaging queue / message bus (rabbitmq, kafka etc.) a huge bonus.
- Experience with test automation
- An understanding of software / release life cycle.
- Hive and/or Hadoop experience
- Part of a scrum team with responsibility to develop a deployment solution (right up to dashboard functionality)
- You will make heavy use of Chef (from Opscode) for configuration management to deliver the solution
- Collaborate closely with Workdayâs security organization ensuring compliance with all audits and policies.
- Follow a production development lifecycle process including specifications, development, test and production rollout.
||Beaverton, OR |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services