Senior Development Tools Operations Engineer Workday, Inc.
Â Join our team and experience Workday! Itâs fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what theyâre doing. At Workday, weâre committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and weâre serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
We have immediate openings for engineers in our Development Operations group to design and develop our next generation of internal and developer tools. This is a unique opportunity to build a toolset from design to deployment with technical ownership of all stages.
- 5+Â years experience in developing server side applications.
- Familiar with and experience of SQL, NoSQL, Messaging, Middleware and similar systems.
- Familiar with and experience of Configuration Management and Deployment systems i.e. CHEF and/or Puppet.
- A keen eye for good architecture and the ability to develop new architectures and frameworks.
- Proficient in major development tools and processes, such as source control, requirement spec, design and design review, unit test, system test, performance test, etc.
- Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications.
- Proven ability to take leadership role in projects that span multiple teams.
- Ability to communicate designs
- Ability to work with product managers, developers, quality assurance and PMO to clarify and prune requirements.
- Bachelors Degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable.
- Work closely with Product Owner to define use cases
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features.
- Design and develop features in an agile way.
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the teamâs productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services