Senior DevOps Engineer Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior DevOps Engineer
Engineering | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: 889
Brightcove provides the industry leading online video platform, enabling our customers to deliver professional quality video to audiences on every screen. Our customers range from some of the largest media publishers to corporate marketing departments to large non-profit organizations, spanning the globe. We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help build the infrastructure and tools that enable us to scale to our customers needs, while delivering the features they want as efficiently as possible. You will be challenged with building systems infrastructure and software deployment systems for a diverse technology stack in an Agile environment.
- Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of Brightcove's services by engineering reliability into software and systems
- Optimize our infrastructure at both the software and hardware level
- Focus on scaling horizontally
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of our video content management and delivery infrastructure
- Develop reusable tools for the management and manipulation of our production systems
- Interface with other teams to help them deliver rapidly and reliably
- Virtualization and IAAS deployments (OpenStack experience a plus)
- AWS, or other Cloud Computing Platform
- Extremely sound knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Experience in systems performance tools (e.g. dtrace, strace)
- Ability to code well in at least one shell language and one general-purpose language (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything
- Good knowledge of basic large-scale internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDNs)
- Experience with Configuration management with Chef
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as DHCP, DNS, NFS, NTP, SSH, Apache, MySQL
- Experience implementing highly-available systems in a high-volume or critical production service environment as well as experience leading short projects involving outside teams
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies like Scrum a plus
In addition to delivering quality software at scale, you'll be working with a smart and fun team that is passionate about what they do at our wonderful space overlooking Boston's Fort Point Channel. Not only will you have a chance to participate in the revolution of content, but you'll have the chance to learn and grow with the Engineering team as a whole through regular Tech Wednesdays, Show and Tells, and Hack-a-thons.
Brightcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and participates in E-Verify.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services