Senior Distributed Systems Engineer Jawbone
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Summary:
As a Senior Distributed Systems Engineer on Jawbone's Software Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for defining, developing, maintaining and scaling the infrastructure for all of Jawbone's software applications. Your responsibilities will include performance optimization, troubleshooting issues, defining best practices and designing and implementing scalable data solutions across the full stack from application to database.
We are striving to build a highly scalable, versatile platform that will allow Jawbone to deliver groundbreaking mobile experiences for a host of products via a wide variety of devices. Our infrastructure is the foundation on which this platform rests. If you enjoy problem solving with a creative and dedicated team in a fast-paced environment, and are passionate about building new and innovative products and applications that will change the way people live, we want you to help us take it to the next level.
- Architect, design, and implement all aspects of a new data access layer to provide reliability, high availability, performance, and scalability.
- Define and implement new logging system mining & analytics solutions across our distributed environment.
- Work closely with application developers to design and implement data components in support of new application features.
- Devise and implement new distributed content & data caching strategies.
- Expert knowledge of file systems, concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, and distributed systems.
- Extensive experience with design and development of high volume, highly distributed applications and systems, preferably with Python.
- Extensive experience working with large data stores, preferably MySQL and/or MongoDB.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or the equivalent of 3+ years industry experience.
Additional Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with data operations in a cloud-hosted environment such as Amazon?s EC2.
- Experience with scaling relational databases.
For more than a decade, Jawbone has developed human-centered wearable technology and audio devices unparalleled in their technical innovation, ease-of-use and sophistication of design. A 2010 IDSA Design of the Decade winner, the company is the creator of the award-winning and best-selling Jawbone ERA and ICON Bluetooth headsets; NoiseAssassin technology, the world's first and only military-grade noise-eliminating technology; and the JAMBOX and BIG JAMBOX wireless speakers and speakerphones. Jawbone?s approach to lifestyle tracking is unique, with over 110 patents filed related to UP and its wearable technology manufacturing processes. Jawbone is privately held and headquartered in San Francisco.
Jawbone is an equal opportunity employer and offers an exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation, equity in a company with strong VC support, and a chance to play with some of the coolest products on the market. We offer premium benefits (including free food), 401K, generous time off and a great work environment in the Bay Area.
||150 Executive Park Boulevard |
San Francisco, CA 94134
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED