Senior Electrical Engineer Quirky
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Company:
We are Quirky.
We make invention accessible.
We believe that the best ideas in the world aren't actually in the world--they're locked in people's heads.
We exist to solve that problem.
We're looking for an amazing and passionate Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team in Hong Kong.
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join Quirky's HK team. You will help to hire and manage a team of Electrical Engineers in HK, and work with our industrial designers and mechanical engineers to develop Quirky's electrical/electronic concepts into finished, working consumer products. You will work with cross-functional teams that include manufacturing partners, Quirky sourcing & QA staff, and Quirky engineering staff.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining constant communication (email, phone & packages) between Quirky New York's
Industrial Designers and Mechanical Engineers and Quirky's HK staff regarding new products,
design changes, manufacturing updates and more
- Reviewing and commenting on all incoming design and engineering projects
- Validating changes, modifying hardware and/or software and providing support documentation
to the item specification including but not limited to: bill of materials, software flowcharts,
coding conventions, schematics, data sheets, data transmission protocols, product costing,
regulatory testing troubleshooting, etc.
- Engineering electronics for relevant Quirky products in accordance to the ETL/UL, FCC, EMC
directives and other specifications pertaining to compliance and regulatory needs
- Keeping NYC based Quirky Design Staff up-to-date on trends in the industry, prototypes, design
and manufacturing related issues
- Maintaining all required files, summaries, reports, specifications and other data that relates to
Quirky's electronic/electrical products
- Ensuring all files released from Quirky for production are approved by both Quirky HK and NYC
- Providing trouble-shooting support in electrical and electronic from development stage to
production stage to fulfill the requirements
- Providing design, development, drawing, tooling and production in electrical and electronics
support to project management team
- Assisting in the hiring and management of a team of Electrical Engineers
- Minimum 7 years experience designing products that feature electronics functionality, consumer
product development and offshore high-volume manufacturing
- Minimum 2 + years managing an engineering team
- Advanced degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrical/Electronic or Computer Science
- Experience managing high end or premium branded electrical and electronics categories
- Broad based knowledge in areas of electronic hardware and software design, subcomponent
design, electronic component vendor base, simulation and emulation techniques, strategies and
platforms, and emerging electronic technologies
- Embedded development experience
- Physical interaction design and physical computing experience
- Broad level engineer work on consumer electronics including small home appliances that have
been manufactured and shipped all around the world at scale
- Experience with app-enabled devices and accessory devices for iPhone or Android platform.
Experience with ADK or participation in Made For iPod a plus
- USB device development experience
- Experience designing and developing for wireless communication applications
- FCC certification experience
- Familiar with RFI measurement and mitigation techniques
- Assembly and rework of prototype electronic assemblies including experience with surface mount
soldering and rework tools and techniques
- Makes efficient use of time, manage competing demands, and react well under pressure
- React and optimize for frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Ability to handle pressure well
- Willing and eager to learn, adapt and take initiative
- Ability to self-direct and problem solve on complex projects with time-sensitive, predetermined
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for Quirky!
- Must be fluent in written and spoken Mandarin and English and Cantonese
Check us out at www.quirky.com. If you like what you see, please continue. Submit your resume, a personalized cover letter and a portfolio telling us why you want this job and why we should pick you.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We Make Invention Accessible
20 - 50M RaisedInvestors: FreshTracks Capital
, Norwest Venture Partners
, RRE Ventures All Jobs: at Quirky
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||For centuries, becoming an "inventor" has been a hard gig to crack. Complexities relating to financing, engineering, distribution, and legalities have stood in the way of brilliant people executing on their great ideas.
Since launching in 2009, Quirky has rapidly changed the way the world thinks about product development.
We bring two brand new consumer products to market each week, by enabling a fluid conversation between a global community and Quirky's expert product design staff.
The world influences our business in real-time, and we share our revenue directly with the people who helped us make successful decisions.|
Support Quirky with Social Media services