Senior Financial Analyst Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies.
Workday is looking for a versatile financial professional to join the team as a Senior Financial Analyst.Â In this newly created position you will partner closely with leaders within organization to assist in finance related matters including designing, implementing, and managing processes that support our business needs.Â
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will join a small team as we build our capabilities and develop the processes to maximize business impact. Weâre looking for someone who wants to make their mark on a growing team and develop business partnering skills, is a self-starter, a great communicator and who enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic fast paced environment.Â
- Partnering with business unit managers to forecast spend and develop departmental budgets
- Monitoring department performance and preparing management reports and analysis on a regular basis (e.g., budget vs. actual and fluctuation analysis)
- Analyzing corporate-wide business results to assist in setting and communicating company financial plans, responding to requests from senior management, and supporting on-going reporting requirements for the company as a whole
- Liaising with Corporate Accounting to ensure correct accounting treatment of transactional activities, including expense categorization
- Preparing journal entries related to financial close activities (end-of period accruals, reclass entries)
- Leveraging the Workday Financials system to automate and scale current processes
- Proposing business process improvements to enhance financial visibility, control and planning effectiveness
Initially, this role will focus on partnering with Workdayâs Sales and Product Development teams to support the objectives above.Â As is common in growth technology environments, the role may evolve to incorporate other areas of FP&A as demanded by the business and by senior management.
- Bachelorâs degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Software and/or internet industry experience highly desirable
- High proficiency with MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience using a large ERP systemÂ
- Ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills
- Experience in the application of accounting principles to periodic financial reporting, planning and forecasting
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to learn new concepts and technology quickly
- Team player
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services