Senior Financial Copywriter Motley Fool
Senior Financial Copywriter
Are you interested in stocks? In investing? In helping people make money?
Do you love to write?
Better yet, do you love to persuade people with your writing?
The Motley Fool is looking for an experienced financial copywriter! As we have grown the front-end of our business to record levels, we are eager to capitalize on the opportunity this brings.
If you are able to find the story in a stock, the angle on an investor, or the big idea in the latest market trend, then we should talk. If you have a proven track record of persuading your readers to take a leap of faith and actually buy something, then get in touch with us. If you can take BIG topics, DENSE literature, COMPLICATED formulas, and translate them into easy-to-read English, then you might be the next copywriter for The Motley Fool. We?re looking for a seasoned copywriter who has proven their ability to do all of this AND who wants to be a part of a high-performing team.
The copywriters, designers, and marketing managers that make up our in-house creative team are an integral part of our company, and ultimately, our success. The copywriter is specifically responsible for setting and creating the strategic direction of our marketing messaging, and partnering with the critical teams to bring those messages to life.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing new Big Ideas for our email marketing campaigns; collaborating with the investment team and advisors on the strategy, and the creative team and product team on the implementation.
- Testing new ideas to keep the running/control creative performing at maximum levels.
- Contributing to the creative needs of multiple channels: emails, display ads, text placements, landing pages, order pages, microsites.
- Collaborating with fellow copywriters and the designers to provide constructive feedback on all creative content before live testing.
Core Competencies & Requirements
- Must have experience writing finance and investing marketing copy, or copywriting experience with strong personal knowledge of investing.
- Experience writing for online channels is required. Direct mail is a plus.
- Experience with service or subscription customer acquisition, renewals, and win-back programs.
- Must have the ability to convey the company's services and our message in a way that is aligned with our purpose and our culture.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively in verbal and written form to any audience through a variety of media.
- Must be effective in and embrace a team environment.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong proofing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to stay organized and meet deadlines.
- Should be weird; must stay humble.
||2000 Duke Street |
Alexandria, VA 22314